skin_user.xml help

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,992 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hello

I just got my new VU+ DUO2 and i'm having the same problem with the VFD. I'm also using a version of the BLACK HOLE V 2.0.5. I was reading this thread and I decided to delete the skin_user.xml from /etc/enigma2/ and reboot the machine to see what happens, after reboot the file was back so replacing it with a different one will not work as it will get overwritten on reboot. Does anyone know what file needs to be changed so that on reboot a different skin_user.xml file is created. This is all new to me so I maybe just talking crazy.

Thanks

• why not download another skin from BH addons download manager..
    press yellow-green then from BH addons download manager then BH image skins..
    be careful which skin version you choose, for example : BH2.0.x ...
    I use MX_RED2 on the duo2 ..

• why not download another skin from BH addons download manager..
    press yellow-green then from BH addons download manager then BH image skins..
    be careful which skin version you choose, for example : BH2.0.x ...
    I use MX_RED2 on the duo2 ..

because that won't help the VFD, the skin_user.xml file will get overwritten on reboot.

• I don't have Duo2 but I'm trying to understand why is this happening.
    If you updated the bootloader before flashing the 2.0.5 image the VFD should work properly.
    The VFD's skin_user file is included in the image. You can change it to suit your needs and it shouldn't be overwritten at reboot
    So that's strange.

cazuela
    The VFD must work regardless the skin that you install, as long as the skin is compatible with the image itself.
    Only when you deside to make changes to the skin_user file, then you must make them corresponding the skin itself.

• I don't know what was happening but I think it's important to know the BH Image I was using was someone else's backup image and once I deleted it, installed Original VU+ image plus all updates, drivers, firmware and then installed my a clean official version of BH 2.0.6 and installed CAM'S and extras myself everything was solved. It's probably best of everyone learns how to this as it's not that hard, instead of flashing boxes with unofficial BH backup images.

Thanks.

I think it's important to know the BH Image I was using was someone else's backup image

This why I found a little bit strange.

No disrespect for the ones who take the time and effort to make and post backups because they are very helpful, but if you want to learn something you should always install clean image and work from there.
    The only things that I backup with built in backup manager are network , mount's and config.
    All the rest like: skin_user, keys, keymap .... I ftp after image update.

Only when you deside to make changes to the skin_user file, then you must make them corresponding the skin itself.

Exactly ... I understood that he had indeed entered the .xml and had modified it.

I decided to delete the skin_user.xml from /etc/enigma2/ and reboot the machine to see what happens,

why?? it sounds strange to try something like this..unless you are curious and with some basic knowledge of how things work...

This is all new to me so I maybe just talking crazy.

Especially from somebody who has no experience.

I was using was someone else's backup image

Well , this has been more than documented on this site,,,
    the only reason I can see anyone using a backup image is because they don´t have the time to do it themselves.
    Or don´t feel confident enough with lack of experience to start it from scratch.
    Had it been commented from the start that it was somebody else´s backup image,then that would have been the focus of attention from the start.
    Congratulations !!! you have found out how to setup an image to your liking ..so enjoy it..

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!