impossible to install Tspanel on dream elite image

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,027 times. The last Post () by nano.

• hi,
    i can't install the TS panel on my dream. I use dream elite 4.0 image, and when i start manual installation it begin, and after i receive a message who tell me "load file ipk on directory /tmp".
    When i return on tmp directory, file was erased ????

Could tell me why ? and what they do to install ts panel ?

Many thanks for your help

• I have had the same issues with both. Its a case of live without it or try another image.

I have tried several times and even when it does install it doesn't work.

Nano

• Official Post

hi,
    i can't install the TS panel on my dream. I use dream elite 4.0 image, and when i start manual installation it begin, and after i receive a message who tell me "load file ipk on directory /tmp".
    When i return on tmp directory, file was erased ????

Could tell me why ? and what they do to install ts panel ?

Try following the install guide on the threads you downloaded it from, chmodding 755 is not required to install any ipk file, to install tspanel you need to use the force-overwrite command in telnet.
    Send the file to /tmp then enter in telnet:

opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/filename

E.G

Code
    opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/[COLOR=#ff0000]enigma2-plugin-extensions-tspanel_7.1_mipsel.ipk[/COLOR]

If you get errors post them here, this method works 100%.

• I have tried that way Ten. It just comes up when you go into the plugin menu that not all plugins are available.

Its a pain in the arse in all honesty. NewEnigma 4.0.4 may be a better bet if you want to use the TSPanel.

Nano

• Tspanel does not appear to be compatible with dream-elite images so its best to use open pli...although i dont own a dreambox which i assume you own begood then open pli seems to be the most stable and much better if you are using any stream related plugins.

• I have tried that way Ten. It just comes up when you go into the plugin menu that not all plugins are available.

Its a pain in the arse in all honesty. NewEnigma 4.0.4 may be a better bet if you want to use the TSPanel.

Nano

i want to know the complete message(not all plugins available due to .....)
    tspanel usually depends on standard library files and should be included in good images but some not well compiled images missing these libraries but we can fix if know these libraries from the message when first opening plugin browser after TSpanel installation

Do Not Send PM For Support
    Ask Your Question On The Forum

• Ok i think i have found the issue here. If you use the full fat version of Dream Elite 4.0 you simply run out of space in the flash memory.

If you install the light version you can install the TSPlugin using the command in post no.6 by Ten below without issue.

I think in all honesty to make this work with all the whistle and bells you are going to have to run it of a USB Stick using something like Barry Allen or Meoboot. Its been a while since i've messed with a DM800se as i have been running different boxes so i have to experiment again to see what works and what doesn't.

Things have moved on somewhat with this box in the last 2 years :oh:

At least we know it works with the light DE 4.0 image anyway :feel_good:

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!