Help needed in configuring steerable dish

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 649 times. The last Post () by limerick.

• Hello All.

Please can someone point me in the right direction regarding setting up my steerable dish. My setup: Solo2, V-Box (positioner), One metre dish with 18" jack and universal lnb. Before on my old spiderbox I could just select the satellite on the receiver and of it would go to a choice of about 10 satellites. I have downloaded the manual on the Solo2 and it really only shows me in the tuner setup: simple, single (which at the moment) I am only using on hotbird, as I have only just got my receiver a few days ago and finding my way about.. I know there is advanced setup, it mentions disceq, etc etc. I am not sure which to select or reject in this are. What I think I am going to do is what I done with my old spiderbox, which is dish/lnb to v-box, v-box to Solo2 and try and work out what settings do I need to do in maybe the advanced setup. Please could someone help me through this?

Kindest regards, Hadyn - IOM

• I've got a TM-2T, but as it is Enigma 2 the process should be the same..

Menu then Setup, then System searching, press OK. Tuner config. Chose Tuner A- OK. Change configuration mode to advanced. Make sure that DiSEqc mode is set to 1.2. Go down to satellite and pick the one you want. Change 'Use USALS for this sat to 'no'. Enter the position number from your V-box. Repeat as necessary for all satellites.
    You may have to use the Sat Finder option to tune in the satellites you can receive. Use the remote for the V-Box to move the dish. When you have the best position, save it and give it a number -which is then input as above.

Hope this helps. If you need more details I'll try to help

• Hello Downside

Thank you for your help, I am going to try setting up my steerable dish in an hour or two. So it sounds very similar to my old spiderbox setup, which I could find my way around with no problem.

Thanks again......

Regards, Hadyn

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!