5800sx install image to HDD?

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,445 times. The last Post () by swan.bag.

• hi guys, just got my hands on a nbox 5800sx, i have got this to replace my s600hd.

1. i have installed nebula v2 and have latest oscam running no problem, (fantastic posts by Nano that made it a breeze)

2. since installing nebula v2 i have had a few green screens etc, (when playing with settings, and when i press the blue 'N' button on remote, i have been looking around the forum and it is suggested that v1 is more stable so i will most likely
    flash that image later,

i have read that it is possible to install the image to the HDD, does anyone know how to do this?

regarding the green screens, its beat me. i only have auto bouq and cooltv guide plugins installed, HDD is mounted for recording etc. latest oscam_8916 sh4 connected to my server via C:Line and clearing everything it should.
    so maybe if i install image onto HDD i will get a bit more stability?

thanks in advance.

• Its better to install to usb as installing it to the HDD will cause the HDD to run all the time which apart from being noisy will wear out the HDD a lot faster.

Nano

• Its better to install to usb as installing it to the HDD will cause the HDD to run all the time which apart from being noisy will wear out the HDD a lot faster.

Nano

i see what you mean, wouldnt want premature HDD failure. would the process be the same?, just ensure USB is connected to box at all time? its a nice little box and the wife seems to be pleased with it (except all the green screens i caused last night while she was trying to watch a movie haha)

• brendanj9554 when I first installed Nebula Zero v2 i got them. I found reinstalling the image was a good thing to do. If you are running from Nand it may be a lack of memory issue. Make sure when you install to USB that you create a decent size swap partition to allow it to buffer the memory. From within your image when its running install it onto the USB via Blue Panel/Install Manager. Ensure you use the hard drive/USB image for the back up. It runs very smoothly from the USB itself.

• http://linuxsat-support.com/nb…rmware-usb-step-step.html

I have installed to HDD following above - USB should be similar - I just deleted a miniguide I did from memory but I haven't got a good memory because it didn't work.:laugh: The trick is that you need to have USB stick formatted so there is a Swap and an EXT3 partition, then you need to unpack the image on to the USB drive maintaining correct file structure and permissions, and then you have to tell the NBOX to boot from it.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I've found the stability on HD, is way better than USB, using the Hyperion image. I haven't had one green screen since the install both channels recording perfectly as well. I think it is the extra memory available.

• I've found the stability on HD, is way better than USB, using the Hyperion image. I haven't had one green screen since the install both channels recording perfectly as well. I think it is the extra memory available.

Did you use the install to HD guide that is on here or do you use another guide? also you using oscam and have you 7 day EPG using Hyperion?

• Hi I have just brought a nbox 5800sx not too sure what i have done while tring to set up but it is now stuck and load is displayed on screen u-boot 1.3.1 053 then wont go past load screen can someone please help many thanks.

• have you tried holding down the up button to see if the bootloader is still intact? It should scroll through F-b usb1, usb2 etc etc.

I'm doing this from memory now as mine went up in smoke last week. Just about got 12 months out of it.

Nano

• Hi thanks for the info all box is up and running now, but how to install to usb or hdd i have got no pkt blue panel. will this help with the green screen issue and thanks again all
    :47_002:

• The green screen issue is because of the lack of memory when you are running from Nand. Thats why most Nbox users boot to USB because it gives more stability. If you search in this section there is a good guide to installing to USB, if I find it I will post it

EDIT here you go :_ http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=29833

hi thanks tomthered but i can not find the pkt manager i am currently running openpli and I want to keep my version of openpli but boot from usb and i can not seem to figure it out i am new to this so pleas bear with me and thank for the help everybody.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!