TV Repair(s)

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 543 times. The last Post () by Banny.

• Does anybody have any knowledge with TV Repairs?

My mums TV has gone off, and although the audio is on there is no display, I think this could be anything from faulty power supply to backlight(s).

When the TV is turned on from off/standby, to on, ,you see the display for a milli-second, repeated on/off attempts come up with the same result.

Can anyone either make a suggestion and/or recommend someone to give it the once over to see if it is feasible to repair it?

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Hi Banny,

I had a Samsung tv about 2 years ago started to do exactly what you describe buddy, it was the power invertor board that need to be replaced. I had it done locally by a guy I found on yell.com the part I sourced myself and got him to put it in. From memory the new board was about £30....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Have a look for swollen caps as Ten say's - If not it sounds like an invertor transformer - looks like the link i have posted ! most are in a row on one side ¬
    3324340028EF Samsung Inverter Transformer for BN44-00264A BN44-00264C
    It knocks the power up a stage to power the illumination .

What brand is it ?
    Is it not worth taking this misfortune to perhaps claim on insurance and get an even thinner smart tv ?
    i know the financial difference is possibly hunDREDS of pounds but just a thought -

A good TV repair dude will tell you for sure -
    PM me with your location and i will see if i know of a contact in your neck of the woods mate -

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Been a tv service engineer for many a year.
    If you do suspect or notice capacitors looking bulged at the top, any easy test is to warm them up with a hair dryer, then switch the tv on. Hopefully it will then come on. With a can of freezer spray you can then narrow it down to the exact one.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

• TK4|2|1 - Thanks mate mate, im not very electronically minded, building pc's is as far as I go, too clumbsy handed for anything else generally :)
    [HR][/HR]
    For those that asked, the TV Make/Model is - Evesham 37" ALQEM37SX

Evesham went bust so sourcing replacement parts is pretty much a no go, if its a transistor they are pretty standardised so would be able to get it fixed.

I read the PSU aint so clever, I have also read of transistors going.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!