Sly IT card. some questions.

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 479 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hey folks, relatively new to the forum, would like to request a bit of info about how to update my sly it card.
    Entitlements are good up until 1/11/13 (example).
    I block all emms, except shared and unique, blocked bylen etc.
    I use the card, and I use it on another receiver in my siblings house when I stay with him. All withing a personal Virtual private network. Nobody else uses this card.
    When 1/11/13 comes, what do I do, when I don't have a sly italia box?
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: NOT SOLVED

• Buy a cheap 5ky Italia box off ebay before the 1st of Novemeber. They do pop up quite often on the UK and Ireland version of ebay, although you may have more look on ebay.it

Even a standard SD receiver will update the card as 5ky Italia do not pair their cards like 5ky UK.

Nano

• By past experience last year, if the card is not updated on a regular basic the card sometimes gets a 9994 error.

My old 5ky italia card got killed after being under OSCam for about two weeks, although i had a friend that just updated his under CCCam for 12 months without an issue so its hit and miss with this card.

I have no idea if the card will revive after missing its update without contacting customer services in Italy. Like i said you need a proper 5ky Italia receiver to ensure the card gets its updates as and when its supposed to.

There are several boxes on ebay at the moment for under £50.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!