How do you make Custom E2 Spinners

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,990 times. The last Post () by mrgmx.

• some belters of bootlogos what about spinners how would you go about making them id like a spinning celtic badge if possible

• Intros 1st buddy please!

Link here Introduce yourself to the Forum here introduce yourself to the lads there!

In answer to your question.....

Spinners should be located in usr/share/enigma2/spinner (may be in skin_default folder also)

You will see a list of PNG files - each file is the spinner in a stage of revolving

Keeping the dimensions the same approx 100px x 100px (or 92px x 87px on my vix image) you can reproduce these how you like with whatever you like and save each stage as a PNG file (PNG only as it allows transparency)

Keep the file names the same as originals then replace existing ones on your box and your new spinner should show on reboot!

I know there is also a spinner collection plugin....not sure if Celtic logo in it though lol

Use a good photo editor for images.....manipulation....revolving e.t.c...i use photoshop...i'm sure there are others

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• I never tried any kind of editing ill have a play about cheers for that, I no wat to do wen I have them been playing about with the bootlogos and the spinners from server

• its simply enough mate.....all in the software you use lol

for example your Celtic Logo

The 2D Face showing side would be the 1st/starting image so you would save that as wait1.png

Then using a 3D rotate tool (within software program) - you would create many (mine have 19) instances/different PNGS at different rotated dimensions
    Everytime you change angle of dimension save it as wait2.png, wait3.png, wait4.png, wait5.png e.t.c

The last one would be it returning to original 2D Face showing full Celtic logo!

Preview them as a slider in explorer or the like to make sure it looks ok....then ftp to spinner location on receiver!

When your happy then post it here and share with the forum lol!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!