Muilti room setup help

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 604 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi

I'm quite new to satellite and am looking for advice .

I have vu + solo2 setup in my living room and am wanting to send the signal around the house .

The house is already wired for sending freeview signal to each room through some kind of booster/splitter box in the loft . Is it possible to use the existing wiring for the satellite feed ? I sure it is .

I was looking at attaching an rf modulator from vu+ box as the box has no rf out but from what Ive been reading this is a backwards step option .

So im not sure what is required . Do i need a sat box in each room to get the best possible picture?

Hope someone can help .

Cheers

• You have to have a separate feed to the lnb for each receiver. The only way you may be able to utilise the existing wiring is by using a satellite multiswitch and a quattro lnb. You would need to run four wires from the lnb to the switch to use this type setup.

Something like a Triax TMPR switch would do the trick.

Heres is one i did early last year feeding about 60 properties, its still a work in progress as permission was still needed for the installation of the second dish for 13e which hasn't as yet been added to the system. The brown cables were for the upgrade for 5ky+ with the existing black cables being re-used to save on cabling costs.

• Thats just a small one :haha:

Biggest i've done fed just shy of 240 properties with full DTV, 28e and 13e 5ky+ feeds, all from one aerial and 2 dishes.

The picture below shows how not to do it, This was supposedly setup by one of the big players in the industry. I had the service call for it. I ended up installing a completely new system. The wa**er that installed it didn't even crimp the connectors. Both the dish and the aerial were pointing the wrong way.

the four cables that aren't connected to anything were supposed to be feeding a third repeater cab which i had to install another aerial feed to as the muppets that cabled the block hadn't ran the 5th cable for the TV side to that repeater.

Particularity like how the satellite amplifier was just sitting there floating in mid air and the terrestrial arial amp was sitting in the bottom of the cab in a pool of rusty water :lolz:

Only the power supply and the sat amp got re-used on that syetem.

Nano

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!