Thinking Of Getting A new telly what would you go for !!!

There are 48 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,495 times. The last Post () by carmine.

• Hi All

as the title says am thinking of getting a new tv. Thinking of getting either a 46 or 47inch and either going for lg or panasonic . Also was thinking of going for led 3d & smart, what would you go for ?

Thanks for any advice not sure what to go for ....

• I have gone through lots of TVs over the last few years, especially since they have become more of a gadget rather than just a TV.

My first bit of advice is avoid LG like the plague. The price looks good, that's it. The first one I had was a 32" LCD smart tv Freeview HD, which had an odd sound interference issue, almost like radio inerference or static. I then went for a 42" LG passive 3D led Freeview HD smart tv. Smart TV functions was slightly better, access to App store, but when I was using the TV tuner as a source, the TV decided to turn off and on about 3 times in the first hour before it settled down, and then I got some what I think was vertical banding. The passive 3D is good as the glasses are cheap and require no batteries.

Now I have bought a Samsung UE40F6320 -which has a 46 inch version UE46F6320, or you could go for a very similar model with added voice control

I didn't realise that there was one for very slighty more with voice control until I got this one, but I am very happy with it all the same, two pairs of active 3D glasses, and the full UK catchup TV services, Netflix, Lovefilm etc.. Samsung is the only one who has the full lineup of catchup TV services on their smart TV sets.

below is the link to the 46" version with Voice control (review)

Code
    http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs/1300435/samsung-ue40f6400

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• pany all the way

and will opt for plasma cant beat the vibrent colours

Plasma sets have blacker blacks and many prefer the picture quality, but since LCD sets began using LED technology they have improved. They are now bright and vibrant, and you can get a good result with them. Plasma is now an old technology, and the sets are heavier and use up more energy. A lot of manafacturers have stopped making them, although like everything, you will get those who prefer one thing over another, or old tech over newer tech, but things are moving away from plasma now, although agreed the plasma does have a few advantages over LCD such as smoother responses and better deep colours.

• Samsung all the way for me, have 3 of em, great dlna media players built in so once connected to your router you can play anything off your media server.
    They can also be hacked pretty easy (See SamyGO website)..
    Dont get sucked into the latest thinnest most expensive crap, I have a 46" LCD and picture is as sharp as I have seen at a fraction of the price..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Id go for a led if its a well lit room, my plasma was crap during the day was a beter pic tho, as for make i had good results with my sony+ pan, my new lg smart led is nice for under £600 although iv had it for 8 month and has just had a new mb fitted just last week i guess u get what you pay for

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

• I'm hardly an expert in the field but would go for a Panasonic every time. I suppose 3d and smart is a personal choice. I never use the smart side but watching 3D films is fantastic.

• Agree with those saying Samsung, love mine to bits, the Smart side is excellent because I can chuck in my DNS settigns and watch things like BBC I player etc that arent available in my country.

Samsung is supposed to have a great interface with their phones, but as I use an Iphone I couldnt tell ya!

• The important bit missing from your post is your budget or how much are you willing to pay. Its like all things you pay for what you get. At the moment a 47" for me would be this one Panasonic TX-L47DT65B but if price(good price at richer) 5 year guarantee ,ia a consideration then as mentioned check out the samsungs. Also dont believe what you see in the shops all those tv's are set up wrong and bear no relation to the settings used in a home environment. And do a google as well.

• Samsung all the way for me, have 3 of em, great dlna media players built in so once connected to your router you can play anything off your media server.
    They can also be hacked pretty easy (See SamyGO website)..
    Dont get sucked into the latest thinnest most expensive crap, I have a 46" LCD and picture is as sharp as I have seen at a fraction of the price..

think others have dlna dont they

Id go for a led if its a well lit room, my plasma was crap during the day was a beter pic tho, as for make i had good results with my sony+ pan, my new lg smart led is nice for under £600 although iv had it for 8 month and has just had a new mb fitted just last week i guess u get what you pay for

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

new mb ???

The important bit missing from your post is your budget or how much are you willing to pay. Its like all things you pay for what you get. At the moment a 47" for me would be this one Panasonic TX-L47DT65B but if price(good price at richer) 5 year guarantee ,ia a consideration then as mentioned check out the samsungs. Also dont believe what you see in the shops all those tv's are set up wrong and bear no relation to the settings used in a home environment. And do a google as well.

have been looking at richer as i find there very competitive , budget wise between £800 & £1000 possibly

• under sales of goods act 1987 the shop were you bought it are required by law to repair or replace it if its gone faulty as long as the fault is not caused by the consumer upto 6 years you can claim

• For me Panasonic viera,s are the best televisions you can buy..Panasonic has been the most consistent over many years..10 to 15 years ago i would have advised/panasonic/sony/jvc or toshiba but these days i would buy Panasonic.In saying that i also have an LG 42inch lcd/led tele i bought from macro for £300 quid a couple of years ago and its been fine!

Buy a smart tv too..dont buy a plasma as basically the screen deteriorates every time you switch the thing on.

I would also advise you buy from either john lewis or costco//whoever is doing the best deal at the time as you will also receive a 5 year no quibble warranty included with the tele!

MK

• I have only ever used john lewis but was thinking of trying costco or richer sounds ? they also offer 5 year guarantee .
    i know i will definitely go for smart with 3d

• In the news today that panasonic are discontinuing manufacturing plasma TVs - as I said, old technology. It is good to think about what you want, then make a purchase - or you will be like me and get through so many TVs! Richer Sounds have free 5 year guarantee deals on some TVs - note there is a difference between guarantee and warranty.

Code
    http://www.access-legal.co.uk/free-legal-guides/whats-the-difference-between-a-guarantee-and-a-warranty-1314.htm

My TV would have come with this had I bought this from them, but I couldn't be bothered with the longer drive! - amazing the stakes we gamble on sometimes!

If you want a smart TV, then you are interested in what you can get out of a smart TV - and it is this part that is the most varied between manufacturers, so should be a big consideration.

• panasonic now use LG panels!!!

A lot of the prominent tv makers share the same components ie motherboard, usually this is foxconn.
    if I was in ur shoes I would be looking at the internal components, the engine, the bigger the engine the faster and better the TV.
    Also a lot to the modern TVs are programened to start breaking after a certain number of years so when they do start get rid. This came from within sony themselves.

hope it helps

• Also a lot to the modern TVs are programened to start breaking after a certain number of years so when they do start get rid. This came from within sony themselves.

hope it helps

Rubbish
    I think you are getting mixed up with not designed to last and programmed to go wrong - which are two different things. I am sure if things were programmed to go wrong then it would become evident before long and we would all know about it, and there would be ****e hitting the fan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!