Fransat HD card and CI+ module.

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,938 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hey again, everyone, me again trying to solve more 'out there' stuff.
    I recently acquired a Fran$at HD card (0500) and CI+ cam module.

I know that enigma2 receivers aren't compatible with CI+ modules. That is fine.
    Surely I can do something with the card, however? I know that Viax 4 requires AES keys to be put into oscam reader config.
    I put it into oscam earlier, but the card has obviously no entitlements. any way to activate the card through oscam?
    Where to now? Don't particularly fancy buying a new dvb-s enabled samsung tv to activate it!

thanks!

• As far as i am aware the only way you can use a Fransat card outside of a CI+ cam is in a Cristor Atlas -E or Atlas HD receiver with modified Kyng firmware.

You can then pass an R line (radegast) to CCCam to open it on your Enigma 2 receiver.

Nano

• Yes, I have heard this already, however, I don't think I'll be buying any more hardware for my set-up. Might see if anyone out there has one of these receivers.
    Wonder if there's a software only solution. How about reversing (without sounding ludicrous) Kyng firmware?

nano, would a normal viax 3 cam work at all?

• No idea mate, probably not. You can get a cheap Fransat receiver off ebay for about £30.

I know it works with an Atlas-E as thats how i used to do it with my Fransat card, but that was about 2 years ago. As for reverse engineering the Kyng firmware i would say thats possible also, but how you would go about that is anybodies guess.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!