Mag250 and hard disk and lan question please!!!!!

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,441 times. The last Post () by icewinder.

• Hi all!!!
    Sorry, but i am very begginer win mag250.
    I want just to use the hd connected to mag250 and transfer files(video+audio) from pc, from local network.I cant do this.
    I have to do something in Home media?
    It says:
    SAMBA
    UPnP
    WD My Book 1110

I have to say that i configure the internet in box fine.
    I have to do something specially in mag250? than my other media player wd live(which find it in network in pc automaticly)
    Sorry for my English ,but i just want to transfer video and audio files from pc to mag250.
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If someone answer,can he write with details please? !!!

• to connect to your PC you need to have a share configured and there are plenty of guides on how to do that so i will not go into any detail
    when in the home content folder press the menu button on the remote and select under groups "open NFS/SMB folder" (this should be the default selection once you press menu)
    this will then open a new box for you to enter you PC ip address and share information including any username or password etc note SMB for windows or NFS for Unix/Linux
    if you have entered the correct information the share name will be added to the bottom of the list click on it and you will see the content in that share

• to connect to your PC you need to have a share configured and there are plenty of guides on how to do that so i will not go into any detail

I can't see any and I've been looking for 3 hrs .I can't connect my MAG250 to my homegroup network so rather than say "there's plenty of guides" could you possibly please be a good un n throw a link up to their were-abouts ?. Good man :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!