Recording and Pause issues - Black Screen

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,524 times. The last Post () by hamborambo.

• Hi all,

Have a few issues with recording and pausing with the Openbox S9.

When recording and pauding FTA channels everything works perfect, but when I try to record my Sly channels everything appears normal but whn I go to play back I get a black screen.

When I try to pause a Sly channel I nothing happens, but if i puse a fta channel it works perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Is it a usb key or hard drive you are using? Was it hd you were recording? Maybe try a different hard drive. Ive just tested a razor 8gb there no problems. Its actually only the second time ive done any recording.

Boycott shampoo, demand real poo

• Well ive worked it out, sort off.

I used the Channel editor to remove the $ symbol that was placed before the channel name, so instead of having $SLY 1 I wanted SLY1.

It is for some reason the removal of the $ symbol that prevents the openbox from recording or pausing the channel, by going back in and editing a a handful of channels with $ I can now record and pause again. But on the remaining Sly channels that dont have $ I record just a black screen.

Can anyone else confirm that removal of the $ prevents recording of subscription channels?

• Ya, you're right. Iv read elsewhere you can't set up a recording when you remove the symbol. I think I mentioned it in the thread where the symbol was discussed previously. Good man, I dunno would I have thought of that
    edit: I just checked there, I said that it was meant to mess up any timed recordings, now we know it messus up pause also

Boycott shampoo, demand real poo

• Nice one I'll remember that. I've not really done much recording on the Openbox myself although I've noticed if the box is powered on the Event Timer works and it records for me. However if its in Standby the box powers on but it doesn't always record. I get around this by setting up a channel change timer before the record timer. e.g. if you want to record something on BBC1 9pm to 10pm I setup a channel change timer 8:50 for 10 minutes BBC1 then a record timer at 9pm for 1 hour. That usually works and you can leave the box is standby.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!