Nbox 5800sx Help Stuck on UPDT after trying to update it to 7.1.7 Please help!!

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,236 times. The last Post () by neildavitt.

• Hello all i need some Help

I tryed updating my Nbox 5800sx to the latest update and now its stuck
    all the lights are on but its just saying UPDT
    its been like this for around 1 hour now so sounds like theirs a problem

When i turn it off it says NAND and thats all and will not show anything els after that

How can i fix this please

Thank you

• When you hold the up / down button does it scroll through the menu. As long as the bootloader is still OK and functioning you should be able to recover the box.

Nano

• Hi brendanj9554
    No Joy I'm afraid, still the same. I can select the different boot options but it wont pass any of them just stops on the one selected, is there any software I can use with a null modem cable to flash the box? I have had to do this with my dreambox a couple of times

• Hi brendanj9554
    No Joy I'm afraid, still the same. I can select the different boot options but it wont pass any of them just stops on the one selected, is there any software I can use with a null modem cable to flash the box? I have had to do this with my dreambox a couple of times

u can check with usb ttl cable why I stop, make sure u got 3 files on pendrive, nbox with some pendrives dont work.

But if u upgraded uboot from freebox to b4t the uboot will be waiting for ENV (like a bios with settings, mac adress etc).

however if u been running nebula or older image and u try to run hyperion, u need to use "special" env for hyperion images.
    Standard "env" it will not load hyperion.

U can alwayes reflash uboot. But u will have to flash env as well.

--------------------------------------------------
    I just readed, haha.... that u been trying update to 7.1.7, if u got updt option that mean u got B4T uboot, the image u try to install is designed for "freebox uboot"

however replace file "update" with this one and try again. This is to load up images with rootfs.img and kernel to flash b4t uboot instead of freebox uboot

http://www.sendspace.com/file/r8nn77

if u got images with rootfs and uImage they are designed for b4t uboot

if u like it hit thanks

Edited once, last by bloto22 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!