DM800HD sim 2.10 ssl84 not booting, flashing red led

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,376 times. The last Post () by Inspiral.

• Hi all, I have my cousins clone dm800hd here sim 2.10 ssl84, When i plug the power cord in it flashes the red led once then thats it, nothing else, I've tried the No CA Found repair tool which completed successfully but didnt help, then i tried a clone patched dreamup on an oldish pc with serial 232 cable to flash the ssl84 bootloader.nfi file to try get it back to life, that didnt work either, Then tried flashing an entire openpli ssl84 image and also tried with merlin image which i know worked on it before and then got this error when box reached stage "flashing from memory" Flashing Failed (!!! 002 CRC failed), box will be unusable now, I am also unable to flash via network as i get no response when i try powering box on with the power button held in, Any help would be great, may aswell give it a go fixin it before it gets binned.... :-)

• Try with optiflasher m8.
    Read this thread http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=35293

there is a guide in post #9

Thanks mate but the box will not even enter STOP mode and show any ip, I've an ethernet cable in it connected to my router and i'm holding the power button while plugging a proper dm800 power supply into it, now i've been talkin to the owner this morning and he thinks he may have used the wrong power cord.... :-o ... so i'm guessing it may be fried and for the bin, I can solder and have all the gear here if anyone knows what would need replaced if its even possible to repair,

• i`d try another PSU mate from a working DM receiver.
    the PSU could be on its way out?

I have tried with a working 12V 2A power supply cable wich ive tested on another clone dm800hd and know is working, also there isnt a seperate power board inside the box just 1 board..

• glad you sussed & sorted it m8 :caz2:

Thanks Inspiral. Had it sused and sorted. Now i'm gettin some sort of fault with the tuner, It was showing 0% on all channels so i checked tuner configuration and did an automatic scan, only found a few channels, e4+1 and a few others so i switched to e4+1 then it worked ok for a few mins then went all pixilated and now gettin no signal at all on anything, tried the sat feed in another box and it worked fine, strenght 87% quality 69%. Could reflashing a new image fix this kind of error or do ya think somethins damaged due to wrond power cable being used, I'll try switchin the tuner with the other dm800 to see if its the fault, Never touchin a clone again in my life after this.... :-)

• ye try the tuner swap m8 will be good..
    or you could just open it up & reseat the current tuner & try again??

Shut it off and disconnected all power then resaeted tuner... Didn't work..... Swapped tuner... Didn't work....... Tested tuner from faulty box in donar DM800HD and both tuners work fine.... So it's either the Image or the main board. I'll reflash it then report back.... :-)

• Reflashed clone safe openpli base image then done a service scan and found nothing, so it wasn't the image, might be worth mentioning, the orange led was blinking randomly as if the power connection to the led was bad then it went off??? I'm starting to think it might be better scrapping it.

• Give this a try m8
    Menu-setup-service searching-tuner config
    Change config mode to advanced
    Set increased voltage to Yes - exit/save

You will need to repeat this to all Sats required ok!

Good luck

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!