Backup CSP

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 963 times. The last Post () by tomthebomb1968.

• Not sure what you mean
    I thought you should back up the whole CSP so if the server PC crashed you could reinstall it ?

What is the normal way to do this or what files do you suggest we back up
    I was thinking the users and the configs ?

• If you gave me your local csp folder(s) paths, I was gona mod a script for you...

the default is"/usr/local/csp"
    Is that the only folder you want backed up??

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Assuming that the csp folder is "/usr/local/csp"

create a folder for the backups!

Code
    mkdir /var/csp-backup

Create a file called csp-backup.sh in /var/script and copy paste this script into it!

chmod the script!

Code
    chmod 755 /var/script/csp-backup.sh

Run the script every night @ midnight!
    add this line to your crontab file @ /etc/crontab

Code
    59 23   * * *   root    /var/script/csp-backup.sh

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Thanks for that
    One question is it possible to allow this script to backup off site
    The CSP ia on a VPS and if this goes down he wants to be able to run locally also ?

Another quick question you might know
    I have been testing this for him also
    He has oscam going to CSP
    on csp on some channels every now and then I get a 6 second freeze when I look at CSP I can see in the events lost service
    When I connect to OSCAM direct I do not see this problem
    Is there a way to fix this in CSP

Sorry for adding this to my thread but you seem to know what your talking about.

Thanks

Thanks for that
    One question is it possible to allow this script to backup off site
    The CSP ia on a VPS and if this goes down he wants to be able to run locally also ?

This works perfect for me, I log in 2 or 3 times a week and copy over the backups to local PC for safe storage..
    Yes, you can mail the backup to local address, I cant remember how exactly, long time since I used it..

Another quick question you might know
    I have been testing this for him also
    He has oscam going to CSP
    on csp on some channels every now and then I get a 6 second freeze when I look at CSP I can see in the events lost service
    When I connect to OSCAM direct I do not see this problem
    Is there a way to fix this in CSP

Sory m8, dont use csp..

• I use winscp . Just log into your server with it then drag and drop tthe whole csp folder to your local pc.

Thanks to thatfellow for the autobackup script :78:

Other Not Listed Softcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for Other Not Listed Softcams - CSP, DreamOS, GBox, NEWCamd, MultiCS, OSCam Smod, OSCam Ymod, SUpcam & Wicardd.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!