open vix 762 needed new flash

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 925 times. The last Post () by foz.

• Hi . I'm having the same problem . Ive spent hours deleting and installing xpions in various places but i still don't have it 100% .

I have picons now showing in the epg . But i cant get them to show up on metrixhd channel selection screen ( pushing up on the controller ) .

Any help would be great .

• I used an online update . Its actually one of your backup images i use .

we made a announcement for a reason stating that you MUST NOT use online update from any build earlier than build 760 as this will cause problems, as for the xpicons place them into /usb/picon or whichever your chosen storage media is.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• for those who didn't read it the first time around.

==========

Important Announcement.

'From build 760 onwards the video-mode selection has been completely overhauled. It is no longer merely a plugin, but has been embedded as an integral part of the image.

It is now necessary to reflash your receiver, a online update will cause issues. Before flashing you can use the BackupManager to make a settings- and plugin backup. If done, you can flash in the usual way and during the First Install Wizard you can use the restore function to restore your backup. This way your box will be up & running in a couple of minutes.

Once the image is up and running, you should go to Menu> Setup> AV-settings, and make the settings in accordance with your setup.'

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Never knew about not using online update .

As for the picons problem . I wish it was that simple . I have tried multiple times and hours wasted to get them to show correctly but no joy .

Looks like i should do a fresh image install and start again .

I don't suppose any of you fine stars have a vix backup with Metrixhd setup for Uk ?

It would save me a lot of hassle from the wife over the weekend .

• a few usful points:-
    use the picons from vix plugins use ocram shd nopadding for metrix skin you will like them, also if receiver has big enough flash memory install picons into flash not fat 32 drives (if storing on usb no XPicons/picon folder required now just picon eg /media/usb/picon)
    after flashing new vix image 760 on any above online updates as normal
    always rebuild your skin after any updates (as the online update may include updates to the skin)
    if using the picons from image server onlines updates will also carry updates to your picons
    you can flash 760 on without usb flash drive from within ImageManager (or any other image version when a new flash is required)
    foz

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!