a couple of questions regarding debian and oscam

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,754 times. The last Post () by gangstacoca.

• Hi guys. Thanks to the help of this forum and the wonderful members/mods I have finally got my debian running with my local slyuk using smargo on cccam.
    I just have a few questions as I still don't understand a couple of things.
    1) Now that by debian is up and running, I can just leave the pc on and remove the keyboard and monitor from it. But then how do I issue commands to the linux pc without the monitor and keyboard. Do I just use puttySSH on CS studio? And is using puttySSH the same as using a monitor and keyboard on the linux pc?

2) I want to run my local card using oscam and then use cccam to share with others. But I've read that you can only use cccam version 2.1.3 with oscam as other versions will show my local as hop10. I used the auto install cccam tutorial when setting up my debian. How do i know which version of cccam my debian is using? And if it is the wrong version, how do I install cccam version 2.1.3 on it?

3) Just want to check which tutorial to use to install oscam on my debian pc. Is it this one http://linuxsat-support.com/os…mpiling-oscam-debian.html
    or http://linuxsat-support.com/os…cam-compile-tutorial.html ??
    and once that is installed, can I just use the oscam config files from the oscam config section for my card?

I know I've asked quite a lot but I'm just eager to learn and increase my knowledge.
    Thanks for your help

• Official Post

Hi guys. Thanks to the help of this forum and the wonderful members/mods I have finally got my debian running with my local slyuk using smargo on cccam.
    I just have a few questions as I still don't understand a couple of things.
    1) Now that by debian is up and running, I can just leave the pc on and remove the keyboard and monitor from it. But then how do I issue commands to the linux pc without the monitor and keyboard. Do I just use puttySSH on CS studio? And is using puttySSH the same as using a monitor and keyboard on the linux pc?

Yes you can now remove the keyboard & monitor and update using cs studio as explained here.
    How To Add Lines To Debian Server

2) I want to run my local card using oscam and then use cccam to share with others. But I've read that you can only use cccam version 2.1.3 with oscam as other versions will show my local as hop10. I used the auto install cccam tutorial when setting up my debian. How do i know which version of cccam my debian is using? And if it is the wrong version, how do I install cccam version 2.1.3 on it?

The auto install is version 2.1.4 to change it to 2.1.3 just replace the CCCam.x86 file in emu/cccam with the 2.1.3 version chmod the new file to 755 & reboot. I have attached the 2.1.3 file below.

3) Just want to check which tutorial to use to install oscam on my debian pc. Is it this one http://linuxsat-support.com/os…mpiling-oscam-debian.html
    or http://linuxsat-support.com/os…cam-compile-tutorial.html ??
    and once that is installed, can I just use the oscam config files from the oscam config section for my card?

Yes to both the above questions, good luck if you need anymore help just ask mate.

I know I've asked quite a lot but I'm just eager to learn and increase my knowledge.
    Thanks for your help

• Hi guys Ive been fiddling about now for two days trying to sort this out. I have used the tut on the forum, but it didnt give me the option to choose oscam at any point. Anyways the CCcam install went fine I have changed the bin to 2.13 and it al works ok. I have ominikey reader and have been able to get that installed too.

I then downloaded the compile.rar file for oscam placed it in tmp with 755 attribute and ran the script. Got a message that it may take some time and left it running. It then did seem to be installing and now in the emu folder I have 4 files. cccam/log/oscam and script. Basically i think Im ready to go I think I just need to manually put in the oscam config files. Where do i FTP them to in Debian setup? Thanks in advance

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!