OpenVix "Update" notification constantly

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,107 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Hi,
    I hope i've got the right place to post here, as i couldn't see where to make feature request/changes to Vix.
    I find it annoying when my Vix constantly offers updates, even after applying the latest updates and rebooting. I always get another notification to update. (with nothing in the changlog)
    If I go to Setup > System > Software Update, then Check Every. I've only 48 hours as max value. Any possibility of adding maybe every 2 weeks or something?
    I find it strange Vix don’t allow higher values here. Must have good servers!
    I'm using a VU Solo2, with OpenViX 3.0-766.

Thank you,
    Darren.

• Hi dmac I had the same issue and with help from the forum I got it sorted
    You need to update your image as it changed 3 times during the week,don't
    forget to do a backup first and after that's all done do a software update on line
    to build 767.

• Thanks toothfairy,
    Looks like i'll need to make a clean image install with latest first, then online update then.
    Thanks mate!

• we cant win in this respect.

previously we only offered updates to our images when we were good and ready and fully satisfied every single aspect of the image had been tested thoroughly, this often meant that there were maybe three image updates per year, and we got it in the neck from our users who complained that they wanted updates now tested or not. now we push our updates on a almost daily basis and for this we still get complaints !.

please remember that you are getting all of this for free as every thing we do we do out of our own time and expense, if thats not good enough for you maybe your using the wrong image for your needs ?.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Eh hello!? Who's complaining? I just needed help getting around a vix bug.
    Relax the head. I've only picked up my box last week. Pheonix you are picking up my topic wrong. Jeez.

• Eh hello!? Who's complaining?

well what do you call this then ?.

as i said maybe ViX is not for you so try another image and see if it's more to your liking. There is more out there than just ViX and you may just be happy with something else.

• If you think that's a complaint fair enough. I was asking for help on a vix problem i had. Vix is great.

if you dont want to see the update icon just turn off the updates notification feature and park the image on it's current build.

Menu> setup> system> software update background check = no. you can also set the allow unstable ( untested ) updates option to no but that will also mean you can not use the image plugin feeds when the image is set to unstable status.

OpenViX Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

OpenViX Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!