newbie help please

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,835 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• Hi all go easy on me i have been looking at getting a dreambox 500 s and have read up on how to load the images ect but the openbox s9 has caught my eye do you need to load a image on to the openbox like the dreambox if so which one and how do you do it

sorry if this is a daft question

Daz

• daz stick with a dream for ease of use and amount of knowledge available through this forum . Dont bother with a full price dm a clone is just as good like scoot has stated. Once you get a unit if your stuck just ask away

regards

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• I have a dm800, openbox s9 and dm500's. Have to say the Dreambox can do far more than the Openbox S9 for example 7 days worth of EPG, the ability to flash different images, load different softcams and stream video. Although it is a bit harder to setup. The Openbox on the other hand is very simple and easy to use and setup. Yes you can load new firmware but not that much changes with new firmware mainly just bug fixes. It has an embedded NewCS softcam server and CCcam client. It's good as a second box.

I would recommend a dm800.

• Thanks to all just joined here but fantastic help i keep changing my mind between the dreambox 500s and the openbox must say that reading the dreambox tuts i seem to get my head round it better than the openbox but that has hd and usb record which would be great for not much more than the 500s

Daz

• i guess a lot depends on your budget mate . Do not rule out dream clones though as they are more or less as reliable as the originals . You can pick up a dm800 clone for around 130 euro's if you look around the net . Just make sure you flash with an image suitable for a clone. You can then add a cheap usb tuner with some of the latest images ( already supported ) so then you can record and watch different at the same time

good luck

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Openbox is client only unless you go the newcamd route! Dreambox 800 will run as a cccam server aswell as a cccam client but will only hold a limited amount of peers because of the small memory and processor size and the crappy ethernet port! In my opinion the HD picture quality is WAY better on the Openbox! Each one has its faults! I own both and also a couple of DM500's! I have the Openbox on my 42in LCD in my living room and the DM800 in the bedroom on a 22in LCD! The DM500s are there to fall back on if anything goes wrong with either the HD box's!

• Openbox is client only unless you go the newcamd route! Dreambox 800 will run as a cccam server aswell as a cccam client but will only hold a limited amount of peers because of the small memory and processor size and the crappy ethernet port! In my opinion the HD picture quality is WAY better on the Openbox! Each one has its faults! I own both and also a couple of DM500's! I have the Openbox on my 42in LCD in my living room and the DM800 in the bedroom on a 22in LCD! The DM500s are there to fall back on if anything goes wrong with either the HD box's!

You have quite a collection there thanks for your advice
    daz

• hello guys, i m new user for openbox s9 and just got last 2days ago.
    i m in malaysia and anyone help sent me a setup code for a new CCcam .cfg from start
    i total lost don't know how to do? please help?

• hi botak,

You need to get yourself shares with friends etc to begin with . But over in malyasia i dont know what dish footprints you would pick up or what satellite packages you would be looking for. It is not as simple as buying a box and it gives you free TV. You need a network of friends to share amongst etc. A standard cccam.cfg is just that !!! empty and only contains some guidance with information. You need to determine firstly what you want to achieve with your new box

regards

new2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!