help with saving channel list and dumping it back to the box

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,686 times. The last Post () by codar.

• hi guys can anyone pls help me out on how to save channel list on ariva 102e and dump it in another ariva box
    the previous guide seems to have changed due to new firmware now there is a save channel list in the menu pls help to save lots of time

• To make the channel list file:
    Insert USB stick
    (2) Go to Menu->Tools->Upgrade By USB
    (3) As upgrade mode please choose: dump
    (4) Start
    (5) You will then have a file called "Dumpfile.abs" on the memory stick.
    You can call it whatever you want, just leave it abs format.

To upload the channel list to another ariva 102

(1) Insert USB stick
    (2) Go to Menu->Tools->Upgrade By USB
    (3) As upgrade mode please choose: userdb
    (4) Upgrade file - toggle left or right to chose the file with your channel list
    (5) Start

it might want a reboot and then........

• And with 252? When I upload the list to the STB it shows a flash message of one second saying "BIN DO NOT MATCH", without chance of continue uploading (it just dissapears after one second).

• found this but it also refers to upgrading firmware too..

• Hello, i don't think channel lists, firmware are interchangable between models. may be wrong though.

Between different models no , but from one box to another yes.
    reading more about it ,they recommend that each firmware will have its own set of channel list.
    This is what I was previously referring to.
    Other experienced users suggest that it is possible to change channel lists without the need to change firmware.

• Well... I have this problem with my Ariva 252 when I try to upload a channel list:
    711fae71f028.jpg

I have that message for 0,5 secs, and dissapears without a chance to select anything (no "Yes" or "No" buttons). The list is correct (the one on the screen has been used by another people without problem), but I also tryed my own list with the same result. Tryed many many things (different firmwares, pendrive, etc.), but allways the same result.

Has someone the same problem?

I bought 2, and both have the same problem. Perhaps is a brand new hardware problem?

• Could you tell me what number you have on Information - HW Version, please?

I have 37032, and seems it has to be 37050.

Thx in advance and merry xmas.

• Never seen that message between same model receivers, although i never tinkered with a 252.
    I did a quick google and the hw version 37032 refers to a 250 aswell.
    You could try a list from a 250 but wouldn't recommend it.
    Have an rs232 null modem cable handy if you do.

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar ().

• I loaded 250 firmware some days ago without problem (no need of rs232 cable), but the problem didnt dissapear, and DVB-T didn't worked neither.

By the way, I found on another forum a guy with 4 brand new STBs 252 (like me) with the same problem!!
    I think it's a Ferguson problem with the last 252 units sold.

The most irritating thing is that I asked Ferguson about my problem one week ago and I'm still waiting for an answer. What kind of support is that? At least answer saying you don't know or something!! Very bad for Ferguson guys. Very very bad.

• You'll probably get the usual reply, "we're looking into it and hope to resolve it with a new firmware update".
    Could be a while though.
    Did you try the 252 firmware with a channel list from a 250?
    Might be worth a go at this stage.
    Can upload one for you to see if it i'll flash.
    It's for 28.2 and may need updating though as i don't have that model.

• Yes I did, and the same error. Even loaded a 250 firmware but the same problem. Beleive me I've tryed everything.
    I think the STB doesnt examine the file. It just shows the error once you push Start.
    Thx for reply...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!