GPRS settings for each UK

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,901 times. The last Post () by jay76.

• Please post valid GPRS settings for each UK network that has been tested and worked for anyone on ***BOX
    :eng:

need help guys just recived my G1S GPRS DONGLE FOR MY *** BOX
    put my pay as you go sim int to the G1S GPRS DONGLE
    whent it to menu settings acctivated GPRSrebooted back in to settings to setup no IP adress
    can any one help me out how to sett and sort this out please i am using a network 3 sim but also have tried 02 sim as well

come on guys some one must know share share share

• brendan just workin my way around the site lookin to post an introduction

dont that mate will you help me out with this problem mate please

• ok firstly you need to edit the APN (access point name),

in GPRS settings you will find this data string >>>> AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","CMNET"

you need to edit the ''CMNET'' to the APN of the network sim you are using......

for example, if you want to use an 02 contract sim your APN would be (before and after > AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","CMNET" / AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","mobile.o2.co.uk" once the settings are saved reboot

APN (Access Point Name) settings

Virgin Mobile > goto.virginmobile.uk
    Tesco Mobile > prepay.tesco-mobile.com
    T-Mobile > general.t-mobile.uk
    Orange (Pay and Go) > payginternet
    Orange (contract) > orangeinternet
    Vodafone (pre-pay) > pp.vodafone.co.uk
    Vodafone (contract) > internet
    O2 (PAYG) > m-bb.o2.co.uk
    O2 (pre-pay) > payandgo.o2.co.uk
    O2 (contract) > mobile.o2.co.uk
    3 > 3internet
    3 (contract) > three.co.uk
    GiffGaff > giffgaff.com

• cheers mate will have a go at this nice one i have been at all day lookin postin etc thank you

so would it be like this mate
    "mobile.o2.co.uk" AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","CMNET" / AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","mobile.o2.co.uk"

• cheers mate will have a go at this nice one i have been at all day lookin postin etc thank you

so would it be like this mate
    "mobile.o2.co.uk" AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","CMNET" / AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","mobile.o2.co.uk"

Just like this

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","mobile.o2.co.uk"

• i have put this in if its right mate
    AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","mobile 3internet"
    is this one for pay as you go all i am getting is GPRS AT ERROR

tried it with o2 payg and network three sims cards still getting GPRS AT ERROR any idea brendan please
    and just getting 00000000000 all the way down

• thats what i am trying to do brendin use it in my caravan as well mate i am trying to use three but also have a 02 sim as well just keep getting gprs at error at the bottom of the page mate

what would be the dial set at mate

what sly box you using mate i have a f5s

• right after a full day trying my hardest all day yesterday trying to get this GPRSfor slybox workin tried 3 sim cards 02 three voadfone got all the correct init cmd all i recive after reboot is the following

EXAMPLE showing on my screen
    NETWORK SETTING
    GPRS ACTIVE
    GPRS SETUP

init cmd >AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","mobile.o2.co.uk"
    Dial >ATDT*99#
    ip adress >000.000.000.000
    subnet mask >000.000.000.000
    DNS Preferred >000.000.000.000
    DNS Alternate >000.000.000.000
    signal status 0

GPRS AT ERROR

ABOVE is what i see on my TV screen
    any ideas on what to do our what might be the problem its my first time at trying to use one of these GPRS G1S Slybox DONGLE ANY HELP ADVICE would be great please

• hi brendan yes tought that my self mate so went and got a new gprs devise and still havin the same problem mate any more ideas please

• thanks for the reply yes have credit on mate
    where our do you have a link for these 3 mifi router please

search mifi on fleabay or check the phone shops even argos , it will support 5 devices and i have the older one bid right and you will get one for £20 ish ans whats a dongle for a slybox f5 £5-8 quid for under £30 your issue is over

• is there any softwhear update any where to try to upgrade my GPRS softwhear in my box f5s steve how would i connect the 3 mifi routerwould i use the sly usb wifi plugin

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!