Tune Failed Help Gigablue Quad

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,109 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• I keep getting this message for no apparent reason, I could be watching s** sports and all of a sudden the screen goes blank and the message comes up "Tune Failed".
    When I try to watch a different channel the same happens and also with FTA.

This has happened now on several different images.

I have restarted the receiver but to no avail.

When I try and and do a fresh scan it says there is nothing connected and to check tuner configuration.
    When I check the tuner configuration all is as it should be.

The only way I can fix this is to install a fresh image every time which is a pain in the ass.
    Anyone with ideas on how to fix this.

Thanks people

• Not sure if it will make a difference but worth a try -when I had a GigaBlue Solo HD, I discovered that in the tuner configuration you should set Send DiSEqC to yes rather than no. If it is set at no then it lost most of the channels for some reason.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• thanks musogeek. I will try that. The strange thing is it happens roughly about every 3 week give or take.
    I plugged ariva 150 and all ok regarding the cables.
    The box is on a shelf safe so I know it wont get hit with a flying football :haha: and there is no chance of anyone disturbing the cables at rear which is what I first taught when this happened.

Thanks for the reply.

• Being messing around with this for the past a few days and try to recreate the above and have come to the conclusion its the LNB at fault. For no apparent reason I get the message tune failed on the quad. But when I go into kitchen and switch of the 800ue, and restart the quad all is good. If I dont restart the quad I get message tune failed on all channels and the channels will not come back on. The only other way round this is to leave the quad off for half an hour. Turn off the 800ue and restart the quad and then restart the 8ooue.
    All is then good, on both receivers.
    If anyone has come across this problem before please let me know before I buy a new LNB. At the moment the wind and rain is bad over here (Ireland) But it never affects the 800 ue.

Thanks people

• Different receivers can behave different on the same lnb.Had a mate who was convinced he had a dodgy box so we swapped for a while but mine down his was great and his up at mine was no problem.Put the boxes back and he got tune failed again so changed lnb and now al good.

• Just adding my bit to this. ?. My brand new Gigablue 800 seplus with twin tuners just would NOT work. I constantly got tuner problems - tuned in 350 channels on tuner a and 900 channels on tuner b!!! And got tune failed msgs on most channels. I changed setting to 'Diseq = yes' and hey presto got all my channels back. I just hope it lasts!!

• I have been having similar issues with my new Inverto Black ultra LNB / triax dish that I replaced a vintage *** one with. Never had an issue on the old setup bar the fact that the signal was a bit weak ever since my son broke the lnb holder with a football so I took the plunge on all new kit to connect up to my gigablue quad.

Since I installed the new LNB, I am only able to scan all the channels by setting the Disecq as advised above but every time I restart , I am back to Tune failed. I sometimes get the channels back by changing bouquets but it's not repeatable. I am wondering if i should take the LNB down and replace it or is that going to be a waste of time. Glad to see I'm not the only one with problems though.

• this sounds more like a hardware/software of the box not the LNB/dish
    But if after trying all possible options in tuner configuration and havingthe lateset up to date channel settings
    then it might be worth a shot.....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!