Question on Picon name definition

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,168 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• I have been trying to understand the format of picon names. Spent hours Googling and most now makes sense except for a couple of points.

Hope some of the expert on this site can fill in the gaps. From what I can peace together the format seem to be based on the Service Reference in the format 1_0_1_9_2_85_C00000_0_0_0 where C000000 is the namespace. Namespace is in hex. This can be 6 or 7 digits. The first 2 or 3 digits relate to the satellites orbital position. In most cases the last 4 digits of the namespace are 0000, but not always. When they are not 0000 they relate to the transponder frequency. What determines that in some cases these 4 digits should be used to define the transponder frequency and in other this is not required?

The last three places in the namespace are normally 0_0_0. In some picon names these are not zero. When they are not zero what do they mean?

Hope some of you can fill in some or all of the gaps.

Thanks for any help.

• Picon 1_0_19_379C_14B4_FBFF_820000_0_0_0

Service reference 1:0:19:379C:14B4:FBFF:820000:0:0:0 ---> A:B:C:D:E:F:G:H:I:L

A : is a default value and it is always equal to 1
    B : this is also a default value, and it is always equal to 0
    C : service type: TV = 1, Radio = 2, TV HD = 19
    D : service Id
    E: Trasponder Id
    F : NId, Network Id
    G : Namespace
    H : default value, always = 0
    I : default value, always = 0
    L : default value, always = 0

together we grow - ferdi

• Thanks for the reply.

In your post you state that service type is TV=1, Radio=2, TV HD =19. However on this site in the picon download section I have seem service types in the picon name including 0, 4, 11, 25, 82, 86, 87, 8A, C, C, C5, C6 and D3, there may well be more. Can anyone explain what do they mean?

Also namespace interest me. As I stated in my first post Namespace is in hex. This can be 6 or 7 digits. The first 2 or 3 digits relate to the satellites orbital position. Which I can see how to calculate. In most cases the last 4 digits of the namespace are 0000, but not always. When they are not 0000 they relate to the transponder frequency. Again I can see how to calculate this. For example Pink Action on 16E has a namespace of A0ABA9, A0=16E and BA9 in decimal is 2985 plus 8192 (if the first digit of the 4 is an “A” then 8192 is always added) to give a frequency of 11177. What determines that in some cases these 4 digits should be used to define the transponder frequency and in other this is not required?
    Lastly you state that the last three places in the picon name are always “0” but some of the picon names in the download section are not “0_0_0”. In these cases what do the digits mean?

Any further help would be welcome.

• Example of calculation of reference service RAI 1
    Sid (dec) 3401 => D49 (hex)
    Tp Id (dec) 5200 => 1450 (hex)
    NId (dec) 318 => 13E (hex)
    Namespace
    orbital position is 13,0 - turn it in 130 (dec) => 82 (hex) - add 0000. Final result namespace = 820000
    Service number RAI 1 : 1:0:1:D49:1450:13E:820000:0:0:0

• Thanks for your help. How we can define the "Satelite picon" itself?

I don't know exactly what you mean by "define". I fyou are asking what name it should be, the picon must be named exactly as the service reference.

However, almost all images now support picons based on the names. With slight variations

I learn to name the picons files as learnt in this topic. but I do not know how to name the picon for satellite itself

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!