Cant find anthing other than Astra!

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,187 times. The last Post () by joetakacs.

• Hi all, i live in Manchester UK and have an 80cm motorised dish with a Vu+ Solo box running Black Hole 2.0.5.

I can receive 28.2 Astra fine, but the rest not at all! I go to Tuner Config and set DiSEqC 1.2, Long/Lat, Storage Position all that stuff, go to SatFinder, use a transponder for 13E and it locks on fine, i store the position in Positioner Setup but when i select a channel from the satellite it just stays black with the satellite moving image flickering.

Tried this with other satellites such as 26E and 23.5E and they dont even lock on in the SatFinder?

Anyone got any ideas? Is an 80cm dish big enough to get a strong signal from further satellites?

• What channel list have you got on your box??? a 80cm dish should pick up 13e no probs at all... are you having the black screen issue on all channels, have you tried a FTA one??

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I would say if thats the case the dish is not correctly aligned. Can you get it to lock the other satellites by moving the dish manually using the fine movement control from the receiver? Has the dish ever locked on when used with another receiver using USALS.

Nano

• I would say if thats the case the dish is not correctly aligned. Can you get it to lock the other satellites by moving the dish manually using the fine movement control from the receiver? Has the dish ever locked on when used with another receiver using USALS.

Nano

I agree, sounds like its not correctly aligned within the arc..try move from 28ºE to 30ºW ..
    if it can recieve strong signal from both it should be close..
    then why not try USALS and let it move automatically to pre-memorized positions..

• What i was trying to say is that the original setup position is incorrect. If the dish was setup for use with DISEqC 1.2 commands it may follow the arc perfectly, but if the motor was not sent to the pre-determined co-ordinates first before setup on the most southerly satellite then what ever the degree of error is will be the same for all the satellites. If the dish was setup with a 1 degree of error from the start point then this 1 degree of error will also show up on every other satellite when used with USALS. With DISEqC this 1 degree of error can be easily tuned out by simply moving the dish over 1 degree on the motor and then storing it.

What i usually do when setting up a motor is to put the co-ordinates into my meter for the correct location of the dish and i then send it to my most southerly satellite (1w in my case) and then align it on 1w from there. The dish then tracks the arc correctly using USALS as if original start point was setup correctly the rest of the satellites should also come in.

Nano

• i concur with Nano completely ...

This is what i'd try if i were you and didn't have a meter or ladder fetish :62:.

Select Thor 0.8w and tune to BBC world news. Wait for dish to move into position ,
    You wont have a signal as you described already - From this position you can change your East/West Longitude settings to try and tweak the dish onto the arc. Use Zap back to previous setting and check the signal display until (if your lucky) you find the signal and peak it.

It could be the recent high winds have blown it off arc ?

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Yeah thanks for your help guys but ive just checked and the dish isnt even moving! I feel stupid for not even checking this! Its locked on to 28.2e but when i try to move it using positioner setup it just stays put :50_002:

• Check your cables, failing that its probably a fault with the motor. Check to see if your getting a green light on the motor. If its a red one the motor is stuffed.

Nano

• Hi guys, put a new image on and the motors started working, did what you said but started at 28.2e and worked towards 0.8w, got a lock on the sats i wanted thanks! :)

Now ive got another question, ive downloaded Catseye channel list but the satellites still havent shown up in the satellites section? Do i still have to do a manual scan?

• Did you reboot your box after downloading the latest channel list ?

They should all be there - working fine here on 16th november full motorised list from catseye

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• It rebooted enigma2, the favourites come up fine but all the channels say N/A, doing a manual scan now on hotbird and finding all the channels

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!