Connecting box to router

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,399 times. The last Post () by hooley.

• Hi another nebi question (havent got the box yet)when connecting the open box to the router do you use any software like with the dreambox (dreambox control center) i have reaad the tuts but cant seem to see this or is it me

thanks
    daz

• Hi daz, all the stuff you need is included in the firmware. It couldn't be any easier with the openbox. Everything will become clear when you get your box. If you get stuck we are here to help. So, don't worry dude.:)

Boycott shampoo, demand real poo

yes mate! i own a openbox and like it more than my dm800! giz a shout if you need any help!

Agree here..openbox is simple an easy to use....should connect to ya router with no problem at all

• Hi all
    Just to ask when i get the openbox if i didnt connect to internet at first and scaned for FTA is there a channel list about what i would get (eg bbc hd) im using a fixed *** dish
    Thanks daz

• Call me a pain hooley if you like i had *** multi room but now have ***+ in one room and in the other i have my spare cable from my dish where my multi room was it has two cables to my + box but only one to my spare will this work ok with the openbox or do you need a twin

daz

• You are such a pain daz. Only messing dude. One feed is all you need for openbox. Sly + needs two feeds so you can record one channel and watch a different channel at the same time, it has two tuners. The openbox has just one tuner, so one feed is sound

• Hi i have now pluged my ethernet cable into my router and box how do i know if the box is connected i have go to the menu and network setup it says DHCP- ON
    then ip addy--------

then subnet mask-----
    then gateway--------
    then dns primary -------
    then dns secondary -------- daz

• There is no real way of checking unless you enter a cline. When you enter your details andreboot the box it should connect then. If you go into the menu ,network set up, cccam config you can see if you are connected or not

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!