Recording on Openbox

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,616 times. The last Post () by snapplejacks.

• like many users of this receiver, there seems to be varying differences with results but this is my path to securing recordings:-

'Menu/System Setup/Timer setting/

then:-

'1 Off'..... press OK and switch 'Timer Mode' to 'Once'
    Scoll down to 'Timer Service' and set to 'Record'
    Scroll down and alter the various fields with the settings you personally require

Press 'Save' and exit out.

The majority of users problems stem from:-

Not having the correct system time set and/or
    Not having the 'Timer Service' field set to 'Record'

At the end of the recording period and by default the receiver will go into standby mode.

You can if need, press the 'EPG' button on the remote control, locate the channel+prog you wish to record and press the green ('Timer') button and alter the fields to meet your preferentials. Obviously this is limited by the EPG info limitations.

Hope you achieve success with this theme...please let us here know your findings

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• after timer settings, set the box on standby to record

• On openbox X3 after setting up a recording session to my USB is it then possible to change channels and watch other stuff ?

another example. i'm watching the start of a match but i've set up to record emmerdale which are on at the same time, but the tv then switches channel from the football to emmerdale ?

can this be prevented somehow?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!