Strange Problem upgrading my Oscam Binary

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,323 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• Hi guys hoping someone can point me in the right direction

I have ubuntu 13.04 on a local pc. I used thatfellows very helpful auto scripts to install oscam+cccam about a month ago and was working fine.
    The oscam version that is running is OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build r8917.
    I have 3 omnikeys and all are setup for 0963 correctly and working fine, receiving updates no problem.

I started getting a lot more freezes than was normal and for longer durations, suspected it was some countermeasures being implemented and had a search on the net and found I wasnt alone.

I have read that a different version of oscam will get the server back to as before. Im not too techy but something about dcw and ecm lengths have changed.

Anyways before i used ubntu i had a debian6 server and when i wanted to update oscam i just downloaded the package i wanted unzipped it and ftpd the binary file over to my server. Reset the attributes to 0755 and start it up and away it went.

I have tried doing the same with some of the latest versions from the trunk that is linked to in the forum here.

Oscam runs and starts fine but the problem im getting is that none of my readers are appearing , I have used pcsc versions but its not happening. Change back to OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build r8917 binary and readers detected again no problem.

Any help or info greatly appreciated.

• Are you compiling oscam with pcsc??

Restart oscam & post the startup log..

Also m8, post configs, there were a few changes in modules in oscam rendering config settings obsolete, but none that I can think of in relation to omnikey's

Post as much info as possible m8

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Edited once, last by thatfellow ().

• Followed your tut that that dekelster linked me to and all went well.
    Compiled my own OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build r9056 and all seems good, Omnikeys are recognised and working.

thatfellow, I did the install earlier and only returned to the thread to say that all went well and only saw your post then.

Do you still want the logs or was that just required to try and sort my specific problem

Followed your tut that that dekelster linked me to and all went well.

Do you still want the logs or was that just required to try and sort my specific problem

No m8, no need for the logs if all is working well now, but for future problems, the more info you provide, the easier it will be to identify your problem

TF

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!