Reccomendation please

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 672 times. The last Post () by djjonah2002.

• Official Post

Looking for a 1.25m dish and suitable motor to drive it (wall mounting brackets etc... as well)

Currently have a 1m orbital and on 7.3w on a channel i want i am getting 37% signal, i need 47% signal to watch the required channel solid

Do you think the gain between my 1m dish and say a 1.1m dish would give me the extra 10% signal required or should i just move upto 1.25m ???

What do you guys reccomend make wise and where to buy it??? I have checked our site sponsor but they seem to only do upto 1.1m

Look forward to hearing back from the experts and thanks in advance :)

• Gibertinti 1.25 aluminium ,tm2600 motor and a inverto black ultra lnb should do the trick

• Official Post

For cost reasons and based on the advice of my fitter, i am going to try a Triax 1.1m first, he seems to think if setup correct it will give me the necessary gain over my orbital 1m to provide the extra 10% signal i need

If it all goes pete tong, i am out of pocket for £55 for the Triax which i could always sell on and then go for the 1.25

• Do it your self and save the price of the fitter youll be surprised how easy itll be and for a meter if thats your issue use enigma signal meter on an android phone or pad , you wont fail but if you do then call the fitter to finish it , I still think a triax wont be your answer I have one that i started with the focus on them isnt the best , but your fitter must have done a few in your part of the uk to know , let us know if it was any better when your done

• Official Post

Do it your self and save the price of the fitter youll be surprised how easy itll be and for a meter if thats your issue use enigma signal meter on an android phone or pad , you wont fail but if you do then call the fitter to finish it , I still think a triax wont be your answer I have one that i started with the focus on them isnt the best , but your fitter must have done a few in your part of the uk to know , let us know if it was any better when your done

Hey Steve, thanks for the input matey it's appreciated, i am partially disabled so theres no way i could go up the ladder sadly or i would give it a go

I am on fairly good "mate" terms with the fitter and hes only charging me £40 for the fitter, so am quite pleased tbh

I will deffo update here once done, i am only like 10% out of where i need to be in the daytime so fingers crossed this will do the trick, if not then the 1.25 gilb it will be lol

thanks again

• Is that going to give you 7.3w all day long or do you still anticipate having loss at times because if its just a boost in signal when you do pick the bird up maybe you want to try one of those inline amplifiers if the BER isnt high , just a thought ive never tried one but itll lift the signal a good few db , maybe some one on here has tried one can put in some input in them

• Thinking about getting a similar dish mate, lets know how u get on. Got a busted knee so know the feelin, mind u it doesnt stop the mrs from makin me do jobs around the house, lol. Hope it goes to plan for you mate.
    Dan

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!