How to start Oscam automatically on Debian ?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,701 times. The last Post () by gangstacoca.

• hi guys
    everytime by debian reboots, i have to always enter
    cd emu/oscam
    ./oscam -b
    to start up oscam. is there a way for oscam to automatically start when the debian reboots?
    Thanks all

• you can add oscam to start at boot very simply .

do this step by step as root user in telnet : -

1.nano /etc/rc.local

2. navigate to bottom of file and add /emu/oscam/oscam -b

3. make sure you save when you exit text file

4. reboot debian and see what happens

regards

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• what you mean it wont allow you to do so . what error message do you get ?

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

once you have logged in you should be able to type etc on a command line

regards

new2

• try as root from command line

nano /etc/rc.local

• the trouble I was having was i wasn't pressing control and then the corresponding letter lol, silly me!!
    my file now says:
    /bin/cccam start &
    exit 0
    /usr/src/oscam/build/oscam -b

Can you confirm this is correct? thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!