Amiko Alien2 no Enigma2

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 985 times. The last Post () by Fano.

• I own an Alien Amiko 2, two receivers without terrestrial, and I cannot boot into or upgrade to Enigma2. Sparks works just fine but I would like to experiment with E2 and enjoy it's program guide. I don't know what usb flash drives are compatible to upgrade and following the upgrade guide from Amiko-stb to the letter does not result in an bootable E2 receiver.

Q: what usb flash drives can be used? Less than 8Gb cannot be found in stores.

Q: what am I doing wrong? I cannot boot into or upgrade to E2 in spite of following several upgrade guides.

Thanks in advance!

• yes you can by usb go in the forum in the reciever amiko, gm ..ect you go find

tutorial for it

• download image like "PKT-hyperion V3 svn 2640 mod by SeNsUi"
    extract enigma2 folder and put onto a usb stick and put in back usb
    hold ok button and turn off then on the power button at back whilst still holding ok button
    boot should change to spark release ok button then press right arrow it will say forc and then hit ok
    providing the the enigma2 folder in usb you will see "U LD" leave box for 10 minutes and will boot up in enigma once installed

• Are we all forgetting something????

Don't you have to downgrade Spark to ensure you had the correct bootloader if Enigma has never been installed?

Can't remember which version of Spark you need, but if you haven't got the correct bootloader installed for dual booting Enigma it isn't going to work.

I'm sure one of the Alien 2 users here will be along soon to tell you all about it.

Nano

• Its far easier to flash the Enigma 2 image on using the Enigma 2 upgrade/backup plugin in Spark.

No messing around with finicky usb drives and no need to downgrade Spark ,its far easier.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!