Help i'm lost.

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 962 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• I need some help, i reading the web for a couple of days now how flash DM 800 HD clone. But i'm really lost in the bootloader versions.

I got;
    Dreambox 800 HD clone with gemini v5.0 or v5.1
    Bootloader : 76 R0
    Sims : 2.01

I want;
    To keep the same firmware as that i got (mine is missing some file's or some setting are of). So please don't advise me over newer or better firmware's, because my wife kills me if i change to much.

My questions;
    Where can i download this firmware ??
    I found a lot of firmware's but there all have a diverend bootloader version like 76A or 76D, and i don't want to mess with the bootloader. If i screw that up i am dead for sure (killed by wife)
    Is there a way to backup the old firmware, so if i screwup there is a way back ??

Note;
    My wife is a darling but if i screwup the TV, i don't have sex until its fixed.:behindsofa:

• Official Post

You can safely flash any sim 201 patched image, bootloaders are available seperatley in the sticky at the top of that section. Why are you determined to stay on your current bl version?
    Every new release means improvements have been made on the last. Look here if you want to backup your current image before attemping to reflash.
    Dm800 NFI Backup Plugin

• Sex is overated flash it mun!

Just think when you've running a new improved db how much sex you'll get then.

If its not broke --- fix it anyway.

• just flash it via one of the clone tutorials from this site and choose the appropriate image . Like ten had said new images bring newer drivers and support for addons etc.... There is no harm in upgrading a bootloader it will only do good things for your box !!!My only advice after messing with mine for hours yesterday is "if it aint broke don't fix it" . My box was running fine but i fancied a change of image . A little headache but great support from guys here as usual and box is all good :)

regards

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!