Need help !

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,100 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• Hi guys
    I am newbie trying to set home server for my 4 dreambox ,but i don't known if
    will need the computer to make it as the server ,and which operating system i will
    need to make it works ?

Thanks everyone

• you can use 1 of yer dreamboxes as your server for the other 3 or you can set up a old pc or laptop and use debian or ubuntu.

Mutz

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• i would always opt for a pc server for reliability in my opinion. You would obviousely need to purchase card readers aswell though to read your local card. There are plenty of great guides on this forum to get up and running if you look in the tutorials section.

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• i would always opt for a pc server for reliability in my opinion. You would obviousely need to purchase card readers aswell though to read your local card. There are plenty of great guides on this forum to get up and running if you look in the tutorials section.

new2

Thanx mate for your advice ,but can i use the dreambox as cardreader ?even using the pc as server

• Dreambox will work as a card reader install oscam and cccam side by side! Use cccam 2.1.3 or below with the 256 trick on the pc server so you dont loose a hop! add c and flines to the pc! and feed the the Dreamboxs from it!
    There is alot of kind people on this forum that will help you out with the set up!

• you can ofcourse use your receiver as a card server . Be careful though of what receiver and what card !!!!!! Certain receivers have the wrong voltage to the reader which can cause certain cards to cook if read in them .

please post back receiver you intend on using and which card

regards

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!