VU+duo weird Problem - No picture on TV

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,821 times. The last Post () by anniemay.

• Hi Guys

I have been using my VU+Duo for almost 20 months now without any problem.

I am using BH 2.0.7.3 in flash and also the same image in meoboot with 4 or 5 plugins on 4GB USB stick.

When I put the VU+duo ON it starts and the TV too is switched ON (HDMI-CEC). I can see the channel name on the VU+duo screen but NO PICTURE on TV. The TV Sony Bravia KLV-40EX400 says HDMI 1 input "NO SIGNAL".

I tried to use the VU+Duo remote to change channels and increase/decrease the volume, the receiver VFD display shows this change in channel. Still no picture nor sound on the TV.

Then, after 3 to 5 minutes or so after playing with the remote, suddenly the picture comes on the TV. Such problem never happened to me before.

I am not sure how/why this weird problem is caused with this latest BH image, Bootloader, hardware problem or something else.

This happens every time I put my receiver ON after long sleep/deep standby.

Any suggestion/recommendation/help appreciated.

K/Rgds
    Supermario

• another alternative on bh images is living in avalon inside universe ..
    same setup as you mention..works a treat..
    as for the black screen ,,maybe check or replace coneccting lead(s)..
    its a strange one alright

• Hi Guys

I have sprayed the HDMI Port with Contact spray but still same problem - No signal on TV through HDMI port.

By-the-way, The Standbymode Fan Control settings = Fan basic action = ON. But I can see the fan is not working.
    Do you think since the Fan not functioning (not working) could be the problem? (FYI the temperature here is cold 6 Deg. C)
    How can I test the fan if it is faulty?

Can any one guide me how to replace the defective (not working) fan on my VU+Duo.
    Tried unscrewing the 4 screws on the defective fan but the fan does not come out without removing the power board.

I tried to install 3 new different HDMI cable but nothing works. I then reconnected the original HDMI thin cable which came with VU+Duo and it works 90 % of the time through HDMI port, only sometimes NO SIGNAL, then I have to switch to Component and again back to HDMI after sometime :06:. I dont know what is the catch with this thin HDMI cable :06: supplied with the VU+duo.

Tks for your help/assistance.

K/Rgds
    Supermario

• Looks like your cpu is starting to fail..It is connected with the HDMI on the board..Im having the same problem but with one difference..The HDMI starts to work when the box has warmed up for a while..Try connecting with scart and this will work..Keep switching back to HDMI every now and then to see if its working..It does get worse however..After about 2 weeks of this fault i now get the picture stuttering all the time with HDMI pluged in..Unplug it and use scart and it works fine..Put simply..Your box is probably on its way out..I hope im wrong for your sake but it seems all too familiar..

Hope this helps matey

• Tks dOOds

Mine starts Ok on HDMI, then suddenly goes blank, no signal. The I change it to component mode and all ok, after a while switch back to HDMI and all OK.
    I am not sure if the HDMI cable is playing, because the tried other 1.4 version cables and nothing works. Connected again the old v1.3 thin HDMI cable supplied with the Duo and all ok - ON and OFF from time to time.

• hi i have two samsung tv one is a 46 inc the other is a 32 inch i have a vu solo 2 on the 32 inch tv every works fine on the 46 inch when i turn off the tv and back on i have no picture says no signal recived if i turn on and of my vu solo 2 picture is back but i dont have that problem on the 32 inch tv anyone any ideas what would be wrong thanks

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!