Linux receiver for saorsat

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,496 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hello all.
    Can anyone recommend a single tuner linux receiver capable of blindscan.
    I am looking to pull in saorsat as well as 28.2
    I have tried to pull it in on an xp1000 but had no joy.
    My ariva 150combo has no problem in tuning it though with its blindscan function.
    Thanks.

• I would imagine an old dm500 will do the job although if rte2 hd is fta on soarsat then a dm800 willl also do the job//vu plus models are the best out there tho but i have not tested these channels yet as a specific lnbf is required!

Which lnb are you using?

MK

• I'm using a ka band lnb. I can pull them in on the ariva with no problem at all. As far as i know the receiver has to be dvb-s2.

I have tried on a solo2 running bh 2.07 but no joy either, although i didn't mess too much with the solo's setup as it is my main receiver. The receiver is for a relation who cannot receive saorview and is tied to 5ky for rte. His internet is fairly 5hite too so rte player is out also.

• snap, i tried saorsat on the octagon sf8 hd for the last few days and diddly squat, its the first time I have ever come across this problem in a sat receiver. I am using openatv 3.00 image, updated daily. i can get saorsat easy on an uno with BH2.0.6 and a spiderbox!!

In fact its the first time I have ever come across this problem. Also I cant tune in MUTV at 10east either. Did you get sorted and what did you have to do?

• Not sorted yet. I tried openatv , hd freaks and openvix with no success. I also tried it with a triax ka and inverto ka type lnb. Looking into buying another receiver. Was there a blindscan function in the uno? If it has no problem in tuning saorsat, then I have a new receiver sorted. Can you confirm it 100% before i source one?
    Thanks.

• The box is going into a saorview blackspot. Internet at the brothers house is rubbish aswell. Relying on 5ky for rte at the moment and has no interest in much else on that package.
    (Saorsat + F.t.a + epg) - 5ky = happy man

Please excuse my ignorance...but are 'the rabbits ears'?
    thanks in advance

small aerial that sits on tv.

• codar thanks for reply, uno is exceptional, takes a while to set up but worth it. Here is pic of my saorsat. no tv3 or 3e yet, ignore the 2 blanks, these are test channels, maybe for rte1 hd and tg4 hd. I get it on a sly zone 2. NB Get box with twin tuner or you will kick yourself. I have internal hdd as well. This box has a lot, it has 3 usb's as well. BH image is now version 2.0.7.3!! I also use a sony play tv usb tuner and that is in fact a dual tuner so with the 2 muxes I can record one mux and watch on other but with the number of tuners I have I can record a lot at same time!! For example I can record all of mux1 at same time and so on. that octagon.... well

77194bfa6a12ef4a0e627cb.jpg

• Thanks. Dual tuner uno on the way from the site sponsor.
    I do like the octagon/ xp1000. Good value for the money. No solo2 but capable receiver.
    Will let you all know how i get on.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!