Copying recordings directly from one box to another ?

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 468 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Evening Lads,
    As the title suggests,is it possible to copy recordings directly from one DM800 HDD to another DM800 HDD without first FTPing files to PC then to other DM800 ?
    I need to do this as one of the boxes has a flash drive mounted as a HDD and need to transfer recordings to the other 800 that has a decent sized HDD installed when the flashy gets full.
    Cheers

• Any use of FTP or telnet from the PC seems to get the files from the receiver, to the PC and then to the other receiver, so it is a bit long winded. You could always set up samba shares on your receiver, and mount the other receiver's drive as a sharem then use filebrowser plugin to copy and paste the files. To be honest whichever method you use it will take a very long time, I have a few gigabytes of stuff that have been on about 5 different receivers/HDDs and each time I do a transfer it is a couple of overnight jobs, and never goes smoothly. Quickest way is to get a HDD caddy, copy to PC and paste back to the other HDD directly rather than over a network.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!