1channel stopped working

There are 309 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 36,160 times. The last Post () by gerryd13.

• mine is working after the plugin.py file you give us but sadly the tsmedia is a no go

because ive not done that yet.

very little point if the public proxies are limiting the amount of re directions allowed.i was waiting to see how long the last one worked for and if it was still working in a day or two i would then add it to the tsmedia py file.

nothing stopping you from doing it yourself now though.
    you have the proxy above and you have the file location in tsmedia,so just send it to your pc and edit it accordingly,then send it back and restart enigma2

Ian.

• Ian, Iv never worked on plugins but will give a try tonight, i'l use your instructions and my friend google. See if i can get it working.

• dont shout at me if you did, but i take it you did remove the dash before the http that i placed there to stop the link being live on this site ?

Ian.

doooaah? what an idiot i didnt remove dash?
    i can access that but for some reason 1channel dont work fella?

& no shouting at anyone here Ian m8? lol

anyway i can fix this myself?

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• i would completely remove 1channel then restart then send it over again making sure you overwrite the existing plugin.pyo file with the very last one i posted in this thread.

the fact that the proxy is working for you on the pc and that 1channel is still working here on my box whilst using that proxy suggests another problem with your 1channel plugin.

Ian.

• i would completely remove 1channel then restart then send it over again making sure you overwrite the existing plugin.pyo file with the very last one i posted in this thread.

the fact that the proxy is working for you on the pc and that 1channel is still working here on my box whilst using that proxy suggests another problem with your 1channel plugin.

Ian.

ok Ian ill give that a try...
    Cheers

• Ian, Iv never worked on plugins but will give a try tonight, i'l use your instructions and my friend google. See if i can get it working.

that's the spirit !

but anyway ive done it for those who cannot wait.the only problem is that also adding the same working public proxy to another plugin increases its usage and so increases the chances of them limiting the re directions again.it probably would have been more prudent to add a different public proxy to the tsmedia plugin.

we shall see.

no idea how long it will last.

use the same instructions as with the previous update.

Ian.

• quite possibly.

what exactly is it doing ?
    is it crashing ? if so post the log
    is it just hanging ? perhaps a memory issue
    does the tsmedia fix work for you using this proxy ?

try to explain as much as your able as to what is happening for you.

Ian.

• im afraid you are correct.

the plugin requires completely re writing.

inspiral

are you absolutely sure you have the very last pyo file containing the last proxy ?
    the behaviour of the plugin on your screen suggests that you do not.it does what you are seeing when the primewire proxy url is not being used.

just had a thought.

please check for any py files that you may have in the plugin folder and remove them.a py always overwrites any pyo file,so you could be restarting with the new pyo only to have it overwritten with old code from the py file.

Ian.

• sorted at last fella...
    i deleted the plugin.py then sent bk in the new plugin.pyo followed by a reboot
    & all is bk again :-)

cheers for all the replies & help Ian m8, lets see how long it lasts ????

• nice one.

its usually always something simple like that.

try to remember the order of things.

a py file is human readable code and it is what plugins are written in.when the box boots up it needs to convert the human readable code into machine code so that its able to read and use any files.these are pyo or pyc files.

but the order of things is always human before machine,so if you have py files in the plugin folder then the box will always use these and convert these into pyo files for itself to use.it considers any py file to be newer than any existing pyo files.

this is fine,until the author of a plugin decides to make it closed source and only releases pyo files because any existing py files will always take precedence over the newer pyo files.

do you understand ?

Ian.

• i know what you saying Ian
    thanks fella

• My bedroom box didn't have any tsmedia so downloaded 4.6 off the fix feeds then sent over file from post 47 ,didn't delete any existing file or change permissions and it works great.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!