1channel stopped working

There are 309 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 36,139 times. The last Post () by gerryd13.

• Hi

Big thanks to Ian and everyone contributing

The only differences I notice is that:

I cannot seem to use the search function anymore
    Futlocker seems unresolvable for some reason

But the plug in works at thats the main thing - keep the good work

Once again thank you

• hey all , You all will probably laugh as i've spent my whole afternoon trying to resolve 1channel. Finally after much headache its done. thanks to all that helped. Especially Guidance.zip which gave me all the htaccess and php and the correct py. Finally have some happy chilidren ;).

• ian1095 - I seem unable to just follow the instructions to load your fix and then update the Channel1_Source file. I assume that's because I am running TSMedia 4.4 as it wont update further, I assume that's because I may be running an OE1.6 image on my box. I have the 1channel fix working fine routing through my proxy, just thought I would have a go with TSmedia but am stuck now. All I can see in the Movieonline folder of TSmedia is a Channel1.py. Am I missing some part when trying to reroute through my proxy? (It has Python 2.7 on the image as its Hyperion v3 on my Nbox5800SX. Can you direct me as to what I am missing please?

• I don't think the .py files for oe1.6 have been posted so people with oe1.6 stb's can attempt their own repairs. At least I have not seen them. My daughter's DM is on 1.6 and this fix does not apply as it is for oe2 and the files are not the same. Not sure if mfaraj will post these or not or perhaps mod the scripts to reference a sources file in etc as is now the case with the oe2 version for release in the next oe1.6 revision. Assuming there will be another oe1.6 release of course.

Edited once, last by dirtydonki ().

• I thought I might be able to just change the URL files in the 1channel.py file but it makes TSmedia disappear on reboot of Enigma as a plugin in the main menu. Unless I did something wrong. I backed up the TSmedia file just in case although the image is backed up anyway. I looked in the etc folder but nothing relates to TSmedia or 1channel source so there must be something elsewhere, but my knowledge is limited.

• ok lets try to straighten this out so peeps know once and for all.

py = human readable code
    pyo = machine code

a pyo is a file that has been compiled from a py file from human readable code into machine code.this is done upon an enigma2 restart. py is converted into pyo for the box to read and use.

so if this operation was performed by a box running python 2.7 the the resulting pyo file can only be read and used by another box also running python 2.7 if they are used on python 2.6 then you will get the bad magic number error.

this compiling also applies in reverse too,so if a file was compiled on a box running python 2.6 then it cannot be used on one running 2.7

but

py files can be used on both platforms and also on sh4 too because they are the human readable version and not yet compiled by any box running any python version.

therefore

py = all and these can be edited and worked on

pyo = python version it was compiled on and these can only be used by the box and cannot be edited.

Ian.

• I know that pyo files are machine code but am unsure as to what context this applies to TSmedia. Are you saying that the machine code is different to the box I have. I assumed that I could just change the URls's in the py file but clearly it must write to somewhere else, but am floundering here :). Have got to say with yours and others help I have learned a lot, but not clearly enough it seems.

• Can anyone point me in the right direction of any easy to follow tuts please, to set up on proxy for 1channel in tsmedia 4.9 5 beta, on fix pleas, as I'm a complete newbie to enigma2 boxes, thanks Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• I know that pyo files are machine code but am unsure as to what context this applies to TSmedia. Are you saying that the machine code is different to the box I have. I assumed that I could just change the URls's in the py file but clearly it must write to somewhere else, but am floundering here :). Have got to say with yours and others help I have learned a lot, but not clearly enough it seems.

i really dont know how to express this further so that you will understand but i will try once more.although i do seem to lack the skills to be able to make you understand.

if you have py files for any plugin be it tsmedia or anything,these can be edited and can also be used on any python version or any platform.

if you have pyo files for any plugin be it tsmedia or anything else,these cannot be edited because they are machine code and can only be used by a machine(your box) running the python version that they were compiled upon from the original py files.

so

if you have py files all is ok,these can be edited or modified in any way you see fit and will run on any python version or platform.

if you have pyo files,then to edit or modifiy them,you first have to decompile them back into the original py source code in which they were written.once this has been done they will run on any python version or platform.if you dont know how to do this or how to obtain the original py files,then there is nothing you can do.

Ian.

Edited 2 times, last by ian1095 ().

• the search function wont work because whoever decompiled the files and made them public screwed up and decompiled the wrong ones lol.

so the public py doesnt have the search feature in it.

Ian.

• Please read the word document Guidance on the attachment and follow it implicitly. It is consolidation of all the advice provided by Ian...

Hope it helps....

Afrostar just got your guide and cant find the link you mentioned on step 1 !!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!