sold my vu duo now what box should i go for

There are 30 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,207 times. The last Post () by suites.

• used to get a freeze on the vu duo every now and again always thought it was a memory leak that was always talked about .
    used to be on black hole more than any other image was just at the person who i sold box to and it was frozen on stv there

• Freezing should not be an issue on any true Enigma box?

thats true mate, but just with him saying his duo had a few. never had any with the quad and i think ive tryed about 6-7 images. on the quad

Viewing As A Guest? Register And See More

Gigablue Hd Quad User

If You Like My Post Them Please Hit The Like Button :)

Please Remember To Read The Forum Rules To Avoid A Warning/Ban

• Official Post

used to get a freeze on the vu duo every now and again always thought it was a memory leak that was always talked about .
    used to be on black hole more than any other image was just at the person who i sold box to and it was frozen on stv there

Pointless now as you no longer have the box but why did you not look further into this?
    Can't speak for the Duo but no such problem ever on the Solo, Solo2 or even the DM500.

• just put it down to a memory leak that was on certain images that were talked about. some times a reboot sorted it
    other times i just changed images .

• Having owned the solo, duo, solo2 and now the duo2, i think the solo2 is best, In fact I'm thinking of selling the duo2 and going back to the solo2 as I prefer the smaller form factor.

...and Ten makes some decent backup images for the solo2 :good news:

• Well if you are thinking of selling your Duo 2 bud brendanj put a post in the wanted/buy/sell section yesterday looking for one....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• used to get a freeze on the vu duo every now and again always thought it was a memory leak that was always talked about .

Vu duo boxes are solid..so much so i,m still not convinced i want to shell out for another vu model even though i can afford it..bought mine in 2010 and it has never let me down..one of my pet hates is fixing something that aint broke and my duo certainly aint broke and does everything i want it to.

I have always used bh images with a few problems along the way but thats to be expected.I am currently using 2.0.7.2 and i wont be updating or flashing a later image for a while i dont think as its running sweet as a nut.

Stv hd is a channel we are not supposed to be receiving and has the odd glitch so i,m not sure if thats what channel you were meaning and also not sure which version of bh image was being used that maybe cant handle the glitch.

MK

Vu duo boxes are solid..

Id have to agree, for normal TV Duo is faultless. The only short comings I experienced was when using plugins.
    My VU Duo has never frozen from watching regular TV through any cam's.
    That being said, for the small change in the price difference it is worth getting the Solo2, best box I have ever had the pleasure of owning..
    The Solo2 does all the basics in its stride and can cope with the hungriest plugins too..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• you two have obviously never seen a Duo with the memory leak on kernel 3.1.1 then because believe me thats far from solid and Vu still have no clue or inclination to track down and fix that particular issue.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• i am in love with the xpeed lx2 it really is a delight to behold great remote too. i also received a miraclebox hd twin and its a really apt named receiver the slowest box i have ever encountered 5 minutes to boot up 10 minutes to flash new image 20 minutes to do a sat scan on 28 east 17 minutes to update software . the remote is exactly like the xpeed one except it has miraclebox on it and the remote is very well laid out. i horsed it around most of yesterday and i was really dissapointed in it .there is a nightly update .when i turned it on first install all i kept getting was a green screen and constant rebooting so i had to reflash it and that sorted it out. its a big box very ultimo like in appearance. so unless more support comes out for it i will be keeping it in the cupboard i was very dissapointed to say the least . as i said it needs a miracle lol ha ha

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!