amiko alien2 usb problem

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,301 times. The last Post () by 3oogie.

• hi guys,
    I'm looking for help from few days ago my alien 2 (triple tuner) has a problem with the usb input.
    following some info that I hope will help someone to locate the problem:
    - Normally I use the usb with an external hard disk (with its own power supply) for reading multimedia files
    - The hd has always worked so far
    - Obviously the hd works perfectly on PCs, laptops , etc ...
    - I have tried several USB sticks, reformatted and all with different capacities, the Amiko does not see them (they worked previously)
    - Using spark when I plug the usb stick in the video appears for a few seconds the hd icon (top left of the screen), but then I do not see the memory from any menu
    - using enigma2 (HDMU image) I see the memory from initialization hd menu but then I get "inizializing storage device error"
    - Both spark that enigna2 are updated to the latest release
    - The tests described above were made with both the rear and front usb input
    anyone has this issue? hope someone could help me, thanks

• astra28.2 thank you very much for your suggestion!
    just downloaded and installed hdd manager, i selected "mount all at receiver startup" and restarted... now i can see the hdds (i.e. throught mediacenter menu) but not the content, if i try to initialize i have the same problem...

• sorry to hijack your thread but i have the same problem.ive tried for HOURS to fond workaround.
    used the vix4(i know i know) image as well as a few others and cannot initialize the fucking usb still.
    grrrrrr
    i get the distinct feeling i should have jogged the amiko alien 2 on...

• If it's happening in both Spark and E2 it would suggest the problem is a hardware one. If it was me I would back up my image, try flashing both Spark and E2, but using a different E2 image. Obviously install HDD manager. If the problem persists, and you can't find a hardware fix, then use a network mounted drive instead.

• If it's happening in both Spark and E2 it would suggest the problem is a hardware one. If it was me I would back up my image, try flashing both Spark and E2, but using a different E2 image. Obviously install HDD manager. If the problem persists, and you can't find a hardware fix, then use a network mounted drive instead.

it was software issue.was trying to use vix4.no go.
    went to openatv all gravy.
    best image for this box.
    2p

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!