Dm500s boot loop problem

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,396 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• Hi guys:
    I had just got a dreambox dm 500s as a second box which worked fine with all the freeview channels. But recently I turned it on and all I saw was the Nabilostat image show on the screen for a few seconds and then the screen goes black for a couple of seconds, then the Nabilostat image will show on the screen again then goes black. This goes on and off untill I switch off the box manually. Any idea what could be the reason why this is so. I want to be sure about the box before I chuck it away

• It sounds like either your image has got corrupt and needs reflashing or your sat feed cable needs checking. Do you have another feed to test with first before reflashing or do anoither box to test you're sat connections?

• defo a reflash needed buddy . in boot loop by sounds of it

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• I also have the same problem

What leads should I use from the DM500s to the laptop. What software do I need to upload. My box is doing the same trying to boot up. It has Nabilosat VO.8

How can I get it up and running

Help would be appreciated.

Regards

Scrote

• Official Post

Follow this guide all the software can be found in the tools section.

Dreambox DM-500 DM500 DM500S Setup Guide Instructions

• Thanks for a quick reply.

I am new to all this stuff. I was looking for the intro section but couldn't locate it. Duh

Regards

Scrote

• That is a lot of info

got the cat5 lead can I just connect that up to my laptop and to the dreambox without any other leads bring connected ie sat cable and power supply it seems to be stuck in boot up so I can't get ip addresses etc. I have nabilosat Vo.8 on there but it just rolls over and back to black and then comes on again. What do I need to do to get it stable.

Regards

Scrote

• Official Post

The best way is with dreamup & null modem cable, if you do not have one use flash wizard pro and the cat 5 cable.

First download the new image you wish to flash from here.

DM500/Clone Images

next download flashwizard pro (attached )

Open the program and click on configuration as below.

One your details are entered click on install a firmware and follow this screenshot.

Flashing the new image will take less than 2 minutes,
    Good luck if you get stuck just ask.

• I do have a null modem cable but the laptop doesnt have a port. I have a cat 5 cable but the ip address thing wont connect to it.. is dream up used via null modem.

I was looking at flash wizard but my laptop will not connect to the dreambox.

Any ideas

Regards

Scrote

• you need to setup ip address for that of your dm500s on your network . then try

new2

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Yes but i cant get into the dreambox and the ip address isn't being acknowledged. Frustrating!!!!!! Is there anyway the dream box can be picked up by the laptop?

Regards

Scrote

• Yes but i cant get into the dreambox and the ip address isn't being acknowledged. Frustrating!!!!!! Is there anyway the dream box can be picked up by the laptop?

Regards

Scrote

the dream box can be picked up by the laptop if you get a USB1.1 to RS-232 Cable Date transfer from USB Port to Serial port the price is £15 and will work on laptop

voyger.: A Person with no imagination his a person with no wing."

voyger.:"never make a arguement with an idiot. It will drags you to its own level,and then he will strikes you with His experience."

• report back how you get on

new2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!