Help a Newbee IPTV XBMC or Satellite?

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,930 times. The last Post () by rocco69er.

• Hi I am not too sure where this should go so I hope I have put it in the right place.

I am soon going to be moving and was thinking about my options for our new house. At present there is an old satellite dish in place which I thought about connecting a receiver too, but on further trawling around the internet I also like the sound of the XBMC IPTV boxes.

I woud primarily be interested in watching as much sport (football) as possible but I am sure the kids would have other ideas!!

Which one would be best in terms of plenty of Sport (football) but also good for the kids channels etc?

I was also thinking I might be better to set up a satellite receiver in the living room but setting up a XBMC IPTV on a different tv for me so I can watch the sport.

My main problem is I have very little knowlege in either and any advice on where to start would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance

• i would stick with a cheap ***box f3/f5 and a laptop or pc connected to the tv with sports devil on xbmc for games not on sat...good luck ! :47_002:

• i would stick with a cheap ***box f3/f5 and a laptop or pc connected to the tv with sports devil on xbmc for games not on sat...good luck ! :47_002:

Thanks bellend (IMade myself chuckle reading this back ha ha), I have just ordered a xbmc box which should be here tomorrow. Do i need to do anything special to get it set up as I am informed it comes ready to go.....One of the guys on here has offered to help me set up a motorised sat dish once we have moved which is nice. Thanks again Bluedusty

• Thanks Cazuela, Does it take long to pick up xbmc? I am looking forward to starting my education with this and with the satellite once I get it set up.

• Fairly straightforward once you understand the concept. keep it updated and all will be fine..
    mashup and navix are 2 of the most popular ..
    as far as sat... well ,that´s what we all love here....

• Thanks again cazuela that was a great tutorial that you posted. I have got one set up on my pc :-) but have not tried it yet because I am unsure about my previous post if I need a VPN and superDNS

• Box arrived and I have to say I was pretty impressed. Unfortunately the power lead has failed so the company are sending me a replacement. First impression though is the pictures I did watch were of very good quality.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!