motor seems to be fine on some satellites and then seems to miss other satellites

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 713 times. The last Post () by wozbwfc.

• hi all, sorry if in wrong section

i have a motor, which was fine at my old address, moved house, installed motor, changed to new long at latitude. all was ok, but i can get 13e,16e,19e,28.2e but when i go round to 39east, i can see on the motor numbers underneath, it suddenly shoots passed by a good 5-10 degrees. i have ref lashed my vu duo with latest vix, and uploaded latest cats eye settings but it still does it…. i also thought my lnb was not as good so i have just fitted black ultra from our sponsor, so this should give a few more % .

if i go into positioned setup and go to fine movement and then step west 7-10 times then i am getting 60%. i know this is not the best solution, but am i able to just fool my duo into thinking my longitude and latitude is out by west 5-10 and then this would get the 39east satellite at 60% ? hopefully i have made some sense lol

cheers

• its ok guys i have sorted it, i think what i am about to say, i think i understand what these settings mean / actually do on the motor.

so the issue i had was when i moved as far round to 39east and it missed it. i checked on dishpointer and it gave me my longitude settings but it doesn't say whether east or west, as in the tuner config setup it states east or west. this was on west, i changed it to east and went to 19east where i could get before, but not a great signal percentage, i know can get 90%. i then went back to 39east, with my new east setting and it stopped at the right position and boom a picture and with 57-60% and 9.0db on n**a sports. this is with my new black ultra 0.2db lnb. i also bought the technomate ultra 0.1db lab from our sponsors, shall i get back up the ladder and swap lnb over, or do you guys think the this black ultra lnb is the best

cheers

• hi shakin

I would start over and install from stratch again because it sounds like your pole is not plum and the dish is not setup proper and out of line.

:tinfoil:

woz

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!