Quick Guide - Restore a backed up Image with Dreamup

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,871 times. The last Post () by master G.

• You have saved a backup of your image and settings from your DM500s and wish to restore it with with Dreamup.

When you flash an image with dreamup, you will be asked to perform a 'flash erase'. If
    you were flashing a normal image you would normally say yes. If you are flashing a backup image, you should say no. When Dreamup performs a flash erase, it erases everything in the /var folder and replaces it with the contents of /var_init so you would lose all your backed up settings. You would have a flashed image but would have to configure everything again (or redo the flash the right way). If you select NO, Dreamup doesn't perform the procedure of replacing the contents and all backed up data and settings are preserved.

Enjoy

• Thank you Grayboy for the quick guide, when I use the Backup option it creates a file without an extention at 8meg in size, however when I attempt to restore it comes up with an error. Any suggestion I believe the file needs converted but with what !

• master G

Added the Label Article

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!