Setting time on Oscam box via CCcam

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,957 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• Wondering is there anyway of doing this.

My Oscam box isnt connected to dish so it dosent know the correct time, is there anyway that I can use my external CCcam server to let Oscam know the correct time?

• nope , but you can simply telnet to the box as root user

then issue command

date -s "06/02/2011 11:08:32" obviosely replacing the in bracket bits with correct date & time

new2

note : please highlight over animation to see which characters have been replaced !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think it is : 08 : but with no spaces between the : & the number

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Ye I can set the date alright using

date -s 2011.06.01-12:00:00

but If you do a server reboot it sets the time back to 00:00:00, where I want to then set the correct time.

• this will always be the case as enigma 2 on boot pulls the time from the sat feed. Just dont reboot box and restart enigma only or get a proper linux server

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!