Hiring someone to make 720p Recording Extension

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,367 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Does anyone know where I can go to hire someone to make a recording extension? I am offering $300 for someone to make the following:

I would like an extension made which gives the following recording resolution options:

Record 1080i 25fps in 720p 59.94fps.
    Record all standard definition TV in 720p 59.94fps.
    Record all standard definition TV in 720 x 480i 29.97 fps or 720 x 576i 25fps

Allow me to set the maximum variable bitrate used for recordings. Ideally I would like the extension to automatically use the correct bitrate needed to get all the quality. I don't want to record in a higher bitrate than what is needed to prevent increasing the file size for no reason.

• Is that Zimbabwe dollars or US :laugh:

• I don't get the joke? It should only take a coder a few days work to make the extension so what's wrong with $300 US dollars for a few days work?

I do video restoration for a living. I find that interlaced videos, even 1080i HD videos in nice quality, have visible interlacing artifacts. The only way to get rid of them is to convert to progressive. However if you do that you'll get a choppy framerate unless you double the framerate. When you double the framerate, the framerate looks normal or even smoother than normal. Unfortunately 1080p 59.94 fps is not supported by Bluray so I have to convert to 720p. Even so, I find that 720p looks better than 1080i especially for sports footage.

So I don't understand why you're saying that doubling the framerate would be a mess?

• You cant get a video to be any better than the source ,you would to have to completely remaster it so all you doing is faking it up to look better on the eye ,the joke wasnt about the price it was about what currency you were paying $ in ,lighten up :32_002:

• I don't want to get into an argument about 720p vs 1080i as that wasn't the point of this thread.

Do you know of anyone who makes extensions that I could ask to make my extension? Where do some of the people who make extensions hang out?

• I think the joke was thus

£1.00 GBP = $593.936 ZWD

Its Christmas, i think it was meant to be a light heartened joke that was not meant to be taken seriously. I hope you find what you are looking for SatelliteJunkie.

Nano

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!