How to have 1 Audio stream per Channel?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,165 times. The last Post () by SatelliteJunkie.

• When I copy a video onto my PC, I use MediaInfo on it and it says there are 2 audio streams, MPEG Audio and AC3. How can I have it so that there's only 1 stream - AC3? When I press the Audio button it says Dolby Digital is running.

• Not too sure if I fully understand what you mean, but the file is a container format and this contains all of the raw info that is received as in the broadcast, and will contain all the streams, and all the other info such as data (subtitles) etc. There are various programs you can use to remove the stuff you don't want - been a while since I have done this but there is virtualdub

Code
    http://www.virtualdub.org/

which is a bit hefty to get your head around.

Most go with how it comes as hard drive space isn't a problem for most anymore and it is usually simple to choose the stream you want in any media player app.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I'll rephrase it, the recorded file contains the video and the following embedded audio files: MP2 & AC3. I'm actually quite familiar with VirtualDub but an easier way to save the video with just 1 audio file is to use VideoRedo (it just muxes the files instead of re-encoding anything). However I would like to record the broadcast with 1 audio stream (AC3) instead of 2 (MP2 and AC3). I could do that with the VU+ Ultimo on Blackhole 1.7.9 so surely there's a way to do it on 2.0.8?

• I could be wrong but I was never aware of the ability to record where it removes part of the stream, I always thought it produced a straight copy of the broadcast format.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!