How do you enable Deep Standby?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,873 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• How do you enable Deep Standby? Does the unit, specifically the tuners cool down when in Deep Standby?

Also, if you've set some timed recordings to start when in Deep Standby, will they still be recorded?

• Regular standby just kills the video and audio output, the unit is essentially still running at full pelt.

Deep standby however is almost a full shutdown, only the IR sensor some other deep core functions are still running, and yes it will wake from deep standby for a recording but not for say a EPG download, you could use the ViX power timers for that and set a timer for the receiver to wake and go back into deep standby once the task you wish to run has completed.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Phoenix could you please tell me why you think Vix is better than Blackhole as I may try Vix?

I'm seeing some things I don't like on Blackhole. I originally had a GPT formatted 4TB single partition hard drive installed but Blackhole didn't like it. It recorded fine but after an hour on standby the LCD screens would go completely black. However I had to hold the power button on the remote for several seconds for the receiver to come back on (didn't feel normal) - when it came back on, it booted as if I had switched it off at the back then back on again. Is that what Deep Standby does?

Also when I tried to record with my hard drive it would say the hard drive wasn't initialized when it was. Maybe you just can't use 4TB drives period. Anyway I'm using a 128GB SSD drive and it never goes into Deep Standby anymore (if that's what it was doing before) and I'm not getting any other problems.

So just to be clear. Blackhole doesn't have Deep Standby is that correct?

So how would I go about using the Vix power timers to wake from Deep Standby and download the EPG?

• So just to be clear. Blackhole doesn't have Deep Standby is that correct?

So how would I go about using the Vix power timers to wake from Deep Standby and download the EPG?

ViX is simply my Image of choice as for Power timers BH does have deepstandby but it does not have the ViX power timers function as that was coded specifically for ViX and the OE-Alliance by Andyblac.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!