Vu+ Uno Red Light

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,210 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi and happy new year to all.
    A mate of mine have a Vu+ Uno that has sunndely turned into a problematic box.
    The box was flashed with BH image last one, and have been working good for the past few days.
    Last evening he sets the box into standby , today his box is not responding anymore and has only a red light in the front panel
    We have try to re-flash the box but seems the usb with the image is not being read at all.

Now the million question is, is there a way to fix this box ? any capacitor to be changed and fix this box.
    I have fixed few Duo boxes before, but i never heard or seen a problem with UNO and red light.

i hope for some help

• hi , my best advice redownload original firmwaire by rs 232 then put bh 207 i dont no but bh 208 sims have somes bad issue for lot of vu

• Hi and happy new year and thanks for the replays
    my problem is that is do neither me or my mate own a windows pc, we run on mac pc , and this is somehow troublesome for us

i have been searching for a vu+ utility for mac but there seems to be none.

Yes he runs last BH 2.0.8 and me to think there is some trouble with this image.

• Instal windows on multboot (USE BOOTCAMP ASSISTENT) and your god to go mate!
    Cheers and Happy New Year to all.

Hi and happy new year and thanks for the replays
    my problem is that is do neither me or my mate own a windows pc, we run on mac pc , and this is somehow troublesome for us

i have been searching for a vu+ utility for mac but there seems to be none.

Yes he runs last BH 2.0.8 and me to think there is some trouble with this image.

• Hi and thanks for the replay

It is getting very strange now, another friend has got the same problem with Vu+ Uno,
    He has BH 2.0.8 installed and yesterday while i was on visit to him the strange thing happened, his box froze totally and on display come only the red light again.
    we try to ref lash the box but usb seems to not react at all.

We try to flash his box with rs232 but there is no respond from the box at all.

If it is a power supply problem, then sure this is possible to fix, but what component needs to be replaced ? maybe there is a problem like Duo that gets red light and by changing the C807 capacitor.
    is there maybe a way for Vu+ Uno similar to the Duo.

• hi , beware there is vu uno clones and 208 maybe have somes drivers not compatible with clones.

i no maybe is stupid you think you buy original vu and is clone

• Very strange indeed..has both of your friends bought these boxes from the same supplier? Also might be worth finding out if these units are clones.

If any of your other friends have the same box then you could maybe try and borrow the psu from it to eliminate a psu fault.

If it is a psu fault you might be best replacing the psu rather than trying to sort it.

MK

• i forget try to download original image by rs232

• Boxes are definitely Original as they are bought from Vu+ dealer, both boxes are from same supplier
    i have A uno box my self but i run OpenPli image on it my self, but right now i use Sezam Marvel box.

i will try and take out the PSU from my box and test on this 2 others that now have got red light problem
    after i test the PSU i will replay here again :-)
    thank you for trying to help out, much appreciated

• Ok I'm back
    I invited my mates to my house and asked them to bring both boxes here and one windows PC.
    First we try to reføash the boxes with NFI original image but with no success, so then i open up my UNO took out the PSU from this one, added this to one of the damaged boxes but still red light comes on.
    we tested on second box and is still the same problem red light stays on but no life on the box,

i then try both PSU from damaged boxes into my own UNO and both of them work perfectly

So in the end we come to the conclusion that there must be a problem with BH image, or some capacitors that needs to be changed.
    Im sorry for my mates and actually give them 2 of my own boxes as I'm not suing them right now, and hope for a solution so they can fix their boxes.
    this boxes are buy from Germany some time back including 2 of mine, i have no problem with mine but my mates are.

I wish and hope some cleaver guys can help, i wish that VU+ will replay to how we can fix this problem,
    Seems there is no help to get from the German distributor as he do not accept use of third part images as he called BH, if we had Original image and this had happened then we have full warranty, but since we have used BH we have nothing it seems

There must e a way similar to DUO that buy replacing one capacitor the DUO works, this could be possible for UNO to, it is just that we do not know how and what to look for.

anyway thank you all that try to help out

• I have try to see if i can telnet but sadly it is not possible as it does not get an IP from my router, and even if it gets one i did not find out what IP it gets here on my house
    We try to telnet even on the home of my friend that i was visiting but with no success

I know the how to for Duo as i have donne it before, but this is not same for uno, if i knew what capacitor needs to be changed in UNO i will do it, but I'm not sure of this

Yes yes i try to ref lash with USB and RS232 with no avail :-(

• just seen this on another forum seems its the only thing that will bring it back to life. there was feed back it works but use at your own risk

• Kari did you / Or any one else manage to successfully jtag your uno?
    My brother seems to have the same problem, red light but no life at all.
    Cannot connect via rs232 or telenet / ftp over lan.
    Power supply looks good with no obvious signs of damage/blown capacitors.
    Went dead after a thunder storm (along with tv and router which all were on a surge protector)
    It seems to have came down the phone line as phones were out for a few days after.
    It looks like the boot-loader is corrupted/deleted.
    All advice welcomed.

VU+ UNO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!