Is 1mb upload to slow for transcoding? Vu Solo 2 latest openvix image...

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,981 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• Hi i have recently tried transcoding to my HTC One 4g from my Vu Solo 2, finally got it working with the following setting on dreamdroid -

dreamdroid settings
    connection
    *******.dyndns-ip.com - port 8099
    stream
    *******.dyndns-ip.com - live port 8001

solo2 settings
    openwebif - http port 8099
    transcoding - port 8002, bitrate 400kbitts, framerate 50fps

forwarded ports - 8099, 8001, 8002 on router.

download speed 12mb upload speed 1mb

with these setting i have been able to get transcoding to work to my phone using VLC player but the quality is very poor, the picture is ok but the stream quality is unwatchable due to lagging.

question is is there anything i can change in my setting to improve the stream quality or is the 1mb upload speed just not enough to use transcoding?

Mobile is on 4g so that shouldnt be a problem should it?

all help much appreciated!

• Try setting the frame rate to 25fps more frames more data , and the rate to 1mb failing that 500kbit and in advance set resolution to 480p if its still bad 320x240 and see how you go ,1mb is the bare minimum really but on a phone its good enough , you can get a speedtest.net app to check your phones speed , i watch a slingbox pro at my work on my phone and it works ok on 3g but that alters the bit rate to suit the connection

• Also it's not working when I enter box ip in browser on laptop. But stream ok when using phone on lan

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!