Static ip by mac address by the router!

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,200 times. The last Post () by digidude.

• Instead of direct static ip on different devices behind a VPN router, is it possible to set a static IP to the devices on the router with the MAC addresses.
    Is this possible on a Linksys WRT54GL with Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/19/12) vpn?
    Howto?

• In most cases you will get away with turning dhcp off on the device lets say satellite box and specify the ip address you want it to stay on as long as its in the range of the router so if you look at the ip address it has now and just specify that with the subnet mask and default gateway it should be fine , failing that look at the ddwrt wiki

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

found this also

On the Services page, you should see DHCP Server, and underneath it a bar that says Static Leases. Click Add, and it'll open up a space for you to enter client MAC address (left side), hostname (left center), desired IP (right center), and lease duration (right side). The lease duration is in minutes, so for 24 hours you would want to put in 1440. If you don't want the lease to ever expire (meaning the computer never has to refresh the IP lease) use 0.

• in your router settings you should be able to 'reserve' an IP address for a specific MAC, this is how i have all my stuff set up, so even after reflashing a receiver with a different image etc, itll always have the same IP address as the router issues that address to that MAC

• Is there any explanation for this? (running a ubuntu 12.04 oscam / CCcam)
    example: static ip by the server: update server by running sudo update, it can not find all of the packages to download. But ip with dhcp all packages are found.
    Also problem in oscam with static ip, getting connection problems with proxies. Getting this message:
    reader [cccam] creating thread for http.dyndns.net
    2014/01/09 23:48:55 9C75558 p can't resolve http.dyndns.net, error: Temporary failure in name resolution.
    With dhcp everything is ok!
    Know that going to set static ip by the router but it does not go on all routes!

Running, for example CCcam server alone so there is no problem with static ip by server. can not then understand that this becomes a problem when running oscam / CCcam.

• How exactly have you enabled a static ip on your pc server mate as i,m not sure you have done this correctly.

• enter the MAC of the PC into the routers reserved IP page m8, i have a HP linux ubuntu Pc, that has its IP set by the router, a raspberry Pi, and all my sat receivers, their IP never changes, no matter what i change on the software side of things, as the IP is issued to the individual MAC addresses, everything else (xbox, Wii, PS3, smartphones, tablets and windows laptop) is all DCHP enabled so they get whatever IP is available

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!